Better farangs in BKK than in PTY. Bg's opinion

think_too_mut

BKK but not all BKK guests go to PTY:

----------------------------

Pattaya lovers, with me, altogether now: THEIR PROBLEM! :D

I went to BKK 15 times and did not know PTY existed!

----------------------------------

and none the worse for going there to judge by yourself and finding the place to your liking, according to exactly what you want from it (in your case, no sex or Nightlife). that's Pattaya, everything is up to you, and there is much to be appreciated outside from indulging in straight P4P.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you live there there is simply no way of escaping that brothelstink, easy in bangkok.

-----------------------------------------

Wrong. Especially as you use the word brothelstink. You obviously have reached an area that is not your expertise, if i may say so respectfully.

Do you know how many people the world over think as such of the whole of Thailand, pinching their nose, and uttering the same word you used or "whorehouse/asshole of the world". Unfair, no?

Yes, we cannot deny that Pattaya has a well-known, P4P reputation, deservedly, but it is in many aspects also just another thai city, once you leave the Beach Rd/2nd Rd zone, and TTM is right when he sees and tells us that more and more people use it as a family destination, and for many (given the villa real estate gigantic boom), a place to reside for a while or permanently.

You remind me of something I witnessed when I went to a bar complex that had a free katoey show (soi 10?) in the open, on a litle stage.

Some russian tourists had just left and I was being told by the expat next to me that on top of their drinks, they had been charged each 500 bahts for the show. maybe that would happen to me in Moscow with a balalaika show in a restaurant, but it pays to not be too ignorant in Pattaya. I actually hope that it was a pretend or a joke, and that no one was charged at all. Just did not like to hear that.

Wouldn't want to second guess the opinion of a pro.

--------------------------

Do you know how many stories one hears in Pattaya of girl who hung out with a guy for a "rented" RT, and complained of his stinginess for all the company they gave him at the outset. i would not over-estimate their sense of business, or even their greed. They go with a guy, and as long as he does not do something so stingy that it is insulting, it' s up to him how much. Again, not denying that Pattaya has pros. It's got everything, but all in all, everything is on the easy-going gear, not the "gimme more" type. Until you have a steady GF, of course..... ::

I don't mind Pattaya in it's entirety. What makes the place unattractive to me is the heavy concentration of farang in certain areas. Seems like all of the ugliness of the West or western ugly western attitudes and habits manifests itself in the area. Not to mention the heavy foreign criminal element present. It infects the Thai populace there. You can't gloss it over. I say this from first hand experience of having spent some time in the area and seeing the underbelly of Pattaya. Once you know who is who and what to look for you can't miss it.

What always stands out in my experiences is Songkran. I have been to various parts of Thailand to celebrate Songkran(unfortunately will miss it this year). Pattaya is where it always gets ugly and mean spirited. Thais and farang so publicly drunk it is scary. The meaness that I see in both Thais and farang(especially farang) when they blast a person full in the face with a water gun as they are passing by on a mototrbike. Fistfights and brawls breaking out over nothing. Way too much violence during what is supposed to be a fun holiday. I have not seen violence to this degree in any other part of the country during the holiday.

"the reason we actually decided against a move was simply that the nightlife would have intruded into our privacy. "

In this case you are guilty of the same superficial, ill-informed judgement for which you often condemn other people.

Thousands of people live in the Pattaya area, both Thai and Farang, and never have anything to do with the nightlife scene. Pattaya and the surrounding area is residential area of choice for many of the people working in one of the largest industrial areas in Thailand. It sounds to me like you stayed in the Beach Rd area and never left it, leaving you with impression that is all there is to Pattaya. Sounds like you passed on good opportunity for your wife; that is a real shame.

Your POV is a valid one, and you make the effort to show it's a personal point. I often react to guys saying "Pattaya is...(period)" but i can recognize not everyone has to like it.

I take it warts and all, with the confession that I often go out traveling in others parts of the country. Still, it's always a pleasure to go back "home" and my little condo.

>>>that more and more people use it as a family destination, and for many (given the villa real estate gigantic boom), a place to reside for a while or permanently. <<<

yes, and as soon as i go shopping i am confronted with sextourists. if i want to go to the movies i will be confronted by misbehaving sextourists with their often equally misbehaving companions.

i am sorry, but i am not overly keen to see that day in day out.

>>>Do you know how many people the world over think as such of the whole of Thailand, pinching their nose, and uttering the same word you used or "whorehouse/asshole of the world". Unfair, no?<<<

no, not unfair.

face it, that is a very large part of thailand.

anyhow, i do not care what others think/feel about thailand. i care about what i am confronted with on a regular base.

Archived