Kurt Cobain 10 years on

SUZIBANDIT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people would be loathe to turn down such a lifestyle SLH.

------------------------

Or they can go the LOS! Same treatment at a fraction of the price (or cost, speaking of a mopped out rocker), and nobody asks for your autograph or your opinion on the state of the world and what did you mean when you sang..... :)

Why the fuck y'all gettin yer panties in a bunch over a dead rocker...fuck me theres tons of dead rockers out there..some were great (Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa), some overrated (Jim Morrison), but they all got one thing in common...

They rocked...

And their dead...:)

Now how long has it been since Walter Carlos became Wendy Carlos...and anyone know what a Theramin is? Todays test....

[color:"red"] i always found that nirvana and most of that grunge stuff was a cheap, meaningless, soulless imitation of bands like the doors, spiced up with a few commercial punkish tunes. just some middleclass rebellion ... [/color]

I can't see how Cobain could be called some mistrewn, soulless middle-class kid.

Growing up in Aberdeen and Montesano, two nowhere, down-and-out logging towns is hardly middle class. In fact, until he hit it big he was too poor to even consider living in Seattle.

The original Seattle rockers, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, were anything but commercial in the early years.

Sure the later years of grunge were commercial, just look at bands like Candlebox.

But who knows, before the name grunge applied, Cobain was asked what style his music was. He said it was simply pop music nut heavier.

True enough, but it sure sounded good.

Hi Suzi,

OK.

Theramin, not really a synthesizer, but an 'instrument' or device that reacted to putting and object close to it and it will produce tones. The closer or further away or up and down the devise and the tone will change.

The Beach Boys used in Good Vibrations and it got reincarnated by Jon Spencer and the Blues Explosion.

Great thing.

Archived