Kurt Cobain 10 years on

SUZIBANDIT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

<<just because you were born on an island gives you a better taste of music ??>>

We have a better track record of great rock musicians in Britain than in Europe (note I say rock and not Classic/Opera etc) and our taste is proberbly better. I think it would have been kinder to call KC a talentless over rated artist than a 'Cunt', IMHO :)

And how the fuck does that make my opinion less worth ???????

What the fuck do you know more about music than me ??

Do you read music ??? I do.

Do you play an instrument ? I do.

Third time I'll state it then : Kobain was a cunt, again JIMO.

Over and out.

BB

Hi Chuck,

There was a drummer before Dave Grohl and the 4th guitarist was when only a handfull of people came to their shows, way before MTV unplugged.

Trivia, what band used Dave Grohl to be in, who was the 4th guitarist on MTV unplugged and what band used he to be in??

You know a lot more than me. Dave Grohl is a neat guy. I cheated and found this on a website.....

"Dave Grohl, born January, 14, 1969, is considered by many to be one of the greatest rock and roll drummers, but recently he has also made a name for himself as a lead singer and guitarist in the post-grunge era of popular music. Grohl began playing drums in punk bands in the 1980s, starting with Freak Baby, which became Mission Impossible and later changed again to Fast. After Fast broke up, Grohl joined the band Dain Bramage, and soon after he auditioned for Scream. At age 16, Grohl became the drummer for Scream, and the band soon began touring throughout the U.S. in 1987 and later in Europe.

Then came Nirvana. Kurt Cobain--lead guitarist, songwriter, and singer--and Krist Novoselic--bass player--saw Grohl drumming for Scream and were so blown away that they asked him to join the band in 1990. Nirvana had already released their first album, Bleach (on which Dale Crover and Chad Channing played drums), in 1989 and soon set to work with Grohl on their follow-up album, which would be called Nevermind. "

OT what's with some of the mods these days? Power gone to their heads? :)

BelgianBoy said:

BB

I hold Alex Ferguson, Cliff Richard and Jimmy Crankey in similar esteem, but try to be a little more polite when expressing my opinions. If find it leads to less arguments and even fewer broken noses.

Cheers

dunno if he was a cunt or not, but i always found that nirvana and most of that grunge stuff was a cheap, meaningless, soulless imitation of bands like the doors, spiced up with a few commercial punkish tunes. just some middleclass rebellion which never left the intellectual scope of an average citicen.

anyhow, he doesn't really fit into that legend credo, what was it? live hard, die fast, and leave a beautyful body, or similar? shooting half his head off definately did not leave a nice corpse, wouldn't you agree. ;)

<what was it? live hard, die fast, and leave a beautyful body, or similar? >

I think that might have been one of Cobain's many problems. All the heavy, rebellious, 'hope I die before I get old' stuff had all been done already. What's interesting to me about Nirvana is precisely their place at the end of the parade. At least they shut the cock rockers down.

Cobain would have cringed at being called an icon. He thought rockers who live in mansions and ride around in limos were arseholes. Hard to disagree :)

BelgianBoy said:
lazyphil said:

<<just because you were born on an island gives you a better taste of music ??>>

We have a better track record of great rock musicians in Britain than in Europe (note I say rock and not Classic/Opera etc) and our taste is proberbly better. I think it would have been kinder to call KC a talentless over rated artist than a 'Cunt', IMHO :)

And how the fuck does that make my opinion less worth ???????

What the fuck do you know more about music than me ??

Do you read music ??? I do.

Do you play an instrument ? I do.

Over and out.

BB

I thought you'd already said that was going to be your last word on the subject. If only.

And a 47-year old man (boy?) calling a young, talented, mentally-ill songwriter who never hurt anyone else but gave pleasure to tens of millions, had been acclaimed by the likes of McCartney and yet tragically shot himself at the age of 27, a "cunt", is not "personal"? Am I missing something here? Did you know the guy? What a sympathetic soul you are.

As phil has re-iterated, Belgium has no record in judging rock music and you mailed your middle-aged colours to the mast by stating Janis Joplin. If Cobain never struck a chord with you then it only says you're of no generation to call yourself "boy". Just sit down, shut up and listen to the younger generation - dad.

Archived