Kurt Cobain 10 years on

SUZIBANDIT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuckwoww said:

<He thought rockers who live in mansions and ride around in limos were arseholes. Hard to disagree :)

Knowing how much some of the current "icons" are worth, if I had that much cash and access to high grade narcotics, I think I too would display some of the traits asscociated with the creature popularly dubbed "an arsehole" and be more than content to do so.

Cheers

Most people would be loathe to turn down such a lifestyle SLH. Money, drugs and pussy. Nirvana. How does the old saying go....if I must suffer better to suffer in comfort....something like that.....excuse me a second....the girls are calling from the pool....quick snort and I'm off ::

Funny thing is I look ridiculous swimming around with these nubile young playmates but they don't seem to mind. Being filthy rich has its advantages. Hurry up and get here SLH its too much for one old fart. What's that dear? Oh ...shouldn't really say this but the girls want to know if you've got a big one :)

I liked Nirvana's music and I own all of their CD's. I used to slam dance and mosh too.

I balk though at calling Kurt a musical "icon". I don't know but it seems that MTV sort of sullied the legitimacy of the icon thing with their shameless commercialization and annointing artists. Sort of like every chick who can sing a high note these days is classified as a "Diva".

Also IMO Kurt was sort of a mental fuck up that bordered on being sort of a woosy and doesn't embody my vision of a rock star with his balls out there and a "fuck you" attitude. His music was cool and I identified with it but he was sort of weak personality wise.

Archived