Kurt Cobain 10 years on

SUZIBANDIT

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

With all respect for the dead, but that Kobain guy is a cunt and not an 'icon' as one would call Jimi or Janice...

That's the kind of reply which shows the always optimistic 'Boy' part of your chosen name as the sad sham it is and yet reveals the first part of it as all too true.

(Kurt from the grave: "What, a Belgian called me a cunt? Cool.. French and Belgians.. those well-known judges of rock music...") I suggest you're out of sync to most of the known world on this one - he was rated by public and other musicians alike. Janis Joplin? WTF? Compared to Cobain, what the fuck did she write?

Unless, of course, you're espousing some sort of grander theory, where the best songwriters of each decade, in the right conditions, grow into giant vaginas 10 years after they're buried.

:)

so because I dont agree, I cant have an opinion here ????

is that why you feel warranted to make a personal attack here ?

I love the music that I love, and Kobain is still a cunt IMO. I said it 3 times now, tired of repeating it....

And WTF are you to judge my taste of music, just because you were born on an island gives you a better taste of music ??

Bloody stupid post of yours, and last I'll say here on the subject.

BB

Guest lazyphil

<<just because you were born on an island gives you a better taste of music ??>>

We have a better track record of great rock musicians in Britain than in Europe (note I say rock and not Classic/Opera etc) and our taste is proberbly better. I think it would have been kinder to call KC a talentless over rated artist than a 'Cunt', IMHO :)

Let's call him a junkie! Deal? ::

Personally, i have no admiration (understaement) for guys who "suffer Oh my God! Sooooo much...." that they forget they put another little being on earth, a child, who needs a lot more attention than their spoon and needle, or whatever the way they score.

Plastic Bertrand is an Icon in my eyes..... :neener:

i liked Nirvana,i liked the music and i often play it.

i was born in 1960 and grew up with 70's Music and was so glad when Glam came around.

Bowie will always be my hero and while i was at school you were either a T.Rex or Slade Fan,i liked Bolan.

the music changed with all the Disco crap and it was a relief when the Punk period came into effect.

greatest moment in music since Elvis and the like with so many angry young men steping up and opening up the world.

after the Pistols left the scene it bacame boring again until Grunge became the new scene.

Nirvana,Pearl Jam,Soundgarden and Dinosaur Jr. were big favourites.

i like my music loud(the louder and faster the better)and i certainly prefer the Bars which play the rock stuff.

the current music is so crap.

KC was a junkie because he was sick and heroin made him suffer less pain.

CL is a b***h indeed.

I just wonder what happened with their child, since they kept her well out of publicity after the first 1 or 2 years after his death, she must be 11 or so now.

He definately is an icon of his time, he happened to be there at the right time and place and had some classic tunes.

I used to work with Sub Pop bands and their owners before they became big, and all bands always said that Nirvana would be the band that would make it big, all of them; Tad, Mudhoney, Bruce and the other SP owner. They were totally convinced of that.

Some Nirvana trivia, who was the original Nirvana drummer and did you know that for a short time they were a 4 piece with an additional guitarist.

Dave Grohl? Or was there one before him? A pretty talented guy in his own right. Now chief Foo Fighter. If Cobain could have conquered his angst and self-pity he could have a band like that.

I recall seeing an unplugged session with another guitarist. Maybe just a temporary thing. :)

Archived