metro

thai3

Open for have a look today then only for invited people for test runs later this month. It opens on queens birthday august 12 after over 10 years in construction. Suk station impressive enough in size but decoration very spartan and grey looking. In 5 years ( I bet) it will have spread as far as bang kae and go over the river rather than under. Very handy for veteethai concert on a saturday. English speaking guide took me around the station but which seems huge but i expect will look smaller when its full of people. 36 baht max fare, think he said one station 16 baht -peter

I remember reading last week in The Post ( forgot to put it on here ) that to get any of the free tickets you had to apply in writing then they would send you a ticket out with a specific date, time and station ! Hardly worth bothering for really unless you want some oneupmanship.

test runs with the mentioned free ticket rides are from 13.4. to 31.5. opening will be in june, date has yet to be specified.

fares from 12-31 baht during first year of operation; 14-36 later

expected 250'000 passengers a day

this according to Bangkok Post from 30.3.

The Thai's deserve every accolade for at least trying to get this Metro system up and running in addition to the above-ground BTS...hell, in Australia, public transportation is really stuffed and we would welcome Thailand progress...who's the supposed Third World Country...??? :o :o :o

Archived