best rock concert you've ever seen

pattaya127

AC/DC- Victoria Apollo (I think) Highway To Hell Tour

The Ramones- The Rainbow, Finsbury Park

Queen- Hammersmith Odeon, early 80's

The Who- Lewisham Odeon.

Y&T- The Marquee

I was a huge Ramones fan, but the sound for their Sydney gig back in the 80s was pretty woeful. They responded in classic punk fashion by simply turning everything up to '11' and generally acting like they really were on the various substances they sang about.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not the best technically, but as an occasion / moment in history a monumental one.

21 July 1990 Roger Waters "The Wall" Berlin.

450,000 people stood in what was no mans land between Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburg Gate 8 months after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Ironically in July 1989 Waters was asked if he would ever perform The Wall ever again, and his reply was "Only if the Berlin Wall came down".

Even watching the DVD of the concert today still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Luke Skywalker (Luther Campbell) post 2 live crew concert in LA. I was front row at the stage and one of his dancers kept picking me out of the crowd. She came to the edge of the stage. All I will say it was me, her and a banana. I'll leave you all to imagine what ever you wish. A few guys patted me on the back for being so lucky. 98% guys and kudos to the few girls that showed up. Brave...very brave. It was a few months right after the LA riots and the beautiful thing was you had all manor of colors and ethnicities laughing and getting along, giving each other high fives. Pussy does that. Its one of the great things about Pattaya. Pussy can bring world peace!

The Proclaimers, Hard Rock Cafe, Dubai, circa 2005.

Well obviously they received their "Letter from America" and decided not to go there, but decided "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" (poetic license from me, Dubai is a bit further) and said "I'm on my Way"

I read an interesting article this weekend comparing materialist versus experience expenditure, and of course the people who had spent money on an experience, either a concert, festival, holiday, cruise etc were far more content than the "Keeping up with the Jonse's" brigade. the memories of the experience stays with one forever, where as materialistic has to be packed away if one moves and more than likely will eventually fail, break or be upgraded.

Well obviously they received their "Letter from America" and decided not to go there, but decided "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" (poetic license from me, Dubai is a bit further) and said "I'm on my Way"

I read an interesting article this weekend comparing materialist versus experience expenditure, and of course the people who had spent money on an experience, either a concert, festival, holiday, cruise etc were far more content than the "Keeping up with the Jonse's" brigade. the memories of the experience stays with one forever, where as materialistic has to be packed away if one moves and more than likely will eventually fail, break or be upgraded.

recently found an ols CD and have been playing it in the car.

in 2008(i think)i saw Mott The Hoople on their reformation for various reasons.

i grew up listening to their songs in the 70's and it was a must fir me to see them live.

of course all rather wrinkly by by then but they still rocked and a great event.

MTH had many line-ups during their career but the one that re-formed was the one that finally made it big at the time.

funnily though i had tickets to see them at my local theatre in the 70's but the gig and tour was cancelled because of Ian Hunters breakdown...... :banghead:

and would have been interesting as the support band was a young and up-coming band.

QUEEN.

Archived