Chiang Mai

Old Hippie

Guest lazyphil

Go for a trek and help lose a few pounds! (eat something dodgy if you can enroute to help flush you out, come back thin a rake!)

Quick reply.

Visit Wat Doi Suthep (on the mountain) and the beer bar area :drunk:

I usually stay at the Prince Hotel. It's not a very good hotel but I still like it for some odd reason; it's cheap (~500 baht), staff are friendly and I like the king size beds. It's also located fairly close to the center canal.

2 nights? not much and i think you never rent Mbikes. I am not sure about Doi Suthep. most touristy temple in CM. But if you like the crowds outside wat Phra keo, no problem.

better sample intra-muro temples, which are quite interesting and diverse, with very few visitors, considering how many tourists and backpackers there are around in the perimeter.

If you get some kind of transportation, try the Samoeng/Mae Rim loop. It's abeautiful road, then just walk leisurely inside the moat the next day or before, to get a feeling of the place.

I must say i like Chiang Mai for its feel, its food and its region, so not of good counsel for weight conscious OH and a 2 night stay, i concur.

PS: edited your title, BTW.

Hi OH,

Mayby you would consider having a Khantoke Dinner.

Where you will be served a number of local dishes dating back to the Lanna Kingdom.

Usually there will be various kinds of entertainment as well. NO, not that kind of entertainment! ::

Outside of CM some 5 miles to the east are 2 towns. Baw Sang - "umbrella village" and San Khampaeng, where a lot of local handicrafts are being produced.

silk, furniture, umbrellas, fans, jewellery, lacquerware, baskets, pottery you name it.

Well, worth a visit IMO.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived