kasikorn bank swift address?

shotover

Does anyone know the Swift address for Kasikorn Bank? I want to transfer some funds from my USA bank to my Kasikorn bank account. I looked for it with a web search but was uncertain if it is TFBSTHBK or 021 0000 21. Not surprisingly, my small USA bank is not too familiar with Swift codes.

Swift address is indeed still "TFBSTHBK".

When your bank wires the money, it is VERY important to attach the branch and account number.

The money goes into the main branch's account. The main bank then notifies the branch and transfers the money to the branch. The branch has to find your account and then transfer the money. Gah. I'm told it can take as long as three days, but I usually get the money within a day.

I send the following as instructions with slight modifications :) -

Name: Asshole

Account Number: ###-#-#####-#. Kasikorn Bank PCL Kluai Num Thai Branch. Kasikorn Bank SWIFT Code: TFBSTHBK.

<<burp>>

Interesting.

I got my information from a branch manager (not one of the main branches) and the swift instructions from a reply to my request on their website (they replied quite fast) about October last year.

I've just got a wire last Friday, so the procedure I use still works.

Speaking with some people, it seems each bank branch operates much more independently than a US branch, which may account for the larger branches having its own swift codes. Others I can see are for specific divisions in the bank.

<<burp>>

Thanks for everyone's help. I think the best bet is to use "TFBSTHBK", and specify the 'Nana Nua' branch.

I believe there are nearly 200 Kasikorn branch locations in the Bkk metro area, but the Swift.com location lists 11 Kasikorn swift addresses, including the 'Sukhumvit Centre'.

I'll report on how long it takes.

• 4 weeks later...

Little late in reporting the results of my wire transfer from my USA credit union bank account to my Thai Kasikorn bank account.

I used the "TFBSTHBK", and specified the 'Nana Nua' branch on the wire transfer form. I requested the transfer on Monday, 19 April, and it was posted to my Thai bank account on Thursday, 22 April.

I'm sure they bit me on the exchange rate, as I only got 39.18 baht to the USD (this excludes the $45 USD wire transfer fee collected by the credit union). According to Oanda.com, the exchange rate ranged from 39.43 to 39.67 baht to the USD between 19-22 April.

Anyway, glad the money didn't disappear into someone else's account.

Archived