Adding discussion on 'living in the West' issues

khunsanuk

I had an ex GF staying with me in Denmark for a while. My friend who also had a Thai GF and I decided to take the girls to Greece for some holiday.

We went to Mytinlini (or Lesbos), a classic Greece charter location with the usual restaurants, beaches and hotels. The girls comment on this place was: "You think this is holiday? :onfire:".

-Well at least me and my friend tried to enjoy our vacation ::

Actually JB your post got me thinking .....what do Thai people DO on their holidays?.....Do they do more or less do the same things as everybody else (with all our individual quirks thrown in) or is there an identifiable "Thai way" for this also........

The only nationality (apart from UK) about which I have already grip on this already are Italians who are SO regimentated that it certainly did make me say " You think this is a holiday?" when I went along......IMHO of course, and not wishing to tread on any Romans toes......

OK - Dar on her holidays overseas like's to go on "Tour", ie a guided tour, where as I think most westerners are more sophisticated.

She likes to shop and MUST buy absolutly anyone she has ever met a present (a habit I have now stopped, "But she was in the class room next to me in garde two, I have to buy her . . . ")

If its in Thailand, traveling involves eating, lots, often, and sitting and NOT going around the places looking at things.

Go to Pattaya, ever wonder why all those annoying vendors come and pester you?

Its because the THAIS FUCKING BUY THEIR SHIT!

Seriously, whatever the vendor is selling, DarLek and the family buy, and eat, or wear, or get a massage, or braids. Whatever is offered is bought!

JB

Guest lazyphil

We were visiting a tgf/hubby of my mrs and me in Austria last summer, he being a nice guy drove us over the Alps into Italy (tasty scenery that even the girls took some keen interest in), the girls insisted we took a rice steamer and gubbinz, I said 'we'll be in Italy, home of rather good food' :banghead:....to be fair they did scoff alot of pasta too.... plus the tax free town of Livingio near Switzerland was way too tempting to buy stuff but had nice veiws so I was happy! (Alpine passes with no barriers made them ''very scare''!!)

Jimmie Blonde:

"Why didn't they enjoy it?"

It was during the mild Danish summer. I think the reason they where content was because Greece was TOO HOT. :(

Furthermore there was no good shopping; only beaches, restaurants and sights. And as sights include walking, many Thai ladies hate them too :dunno:

One good thing though: As the ladies where grumpy in the shadows, my friend and I invented "Street Golf" ::

Archived