Visa to Schengen countries

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it seems that only Finland gives these 14 day visas, discrimination against thais if you ask me.Next step is a letter to Foreign Minitry so politely than I can.

great. I'll check it out straight away!

quite surprised to hear sukhumvit soi4-6 swedish embassy bkk states only 1 week processing time for applications these days even the joint was crawling with desperate illiterate BG's according to eye witness ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well it turned out as promised - 6 days after handing in the application the visa was granted no questions asked - way to go sweden :bow:

by the way we asked for 3 weeks ;)

as for the neighbour schengen country denmark processing times of 1-2 months awaits the patient apllicants & high rejection rates ::

now please don't get any funny ideas about how to take advantage of those differences... :o

hi,

can you share some experience for getting the schengen visa for your gf to austria?

which things do you consider as important?

which issues did come up?

how did you handle the pre-purchased flight tickets and health insurance the embassy wants to see - what if the request is rejected?

i want to bring my gf to austria in august/sept for 10 weeks.

thank's, ede

Guest lazyphil

Ed, are you Austrian?, if you are its all down to your gf to show she has assetts/job etc to go back to LOS too, thats how a UK tourist visa for a Thai goes I think??--I think it was easy for the mrs to get this visa because it was easy to show she had good reason to return to England, i.e. property in her name here, joint bank account, payslips, family/daughter. Also we were visiting/staying with Austrian friends (with Thai mrs) who sent us a letter addressed to the Austrian Embassy stating we would be their guests for a week or so. As far as I remember I didn't show health insurance and waited till she passed the visa before buying tickets. Also we are married and showed certificates, the visa was free because we are married, if unmarried I think 20E's or there abouts. Good luck, I though Austria btw was absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!

Ed,

Welcome to the board !

A few points to know :

- required documents differ from Schengen country to country, better check the website of your embassy. or even get your GF there to pick up the list of documents.

- 2 sets need to be prepared, docs from you and docs from her, check which ones

- tickets : no need to buy and have a ticket in hand for the visa application, a booking and proof of booking should be ok, check that. once the visa is issued, she can pick it up and show them the purchased ticket if needed, let her ask their procedure.

- insurance : my GF booked local insurance after the visa was issued, as not legally required by the embassy.

Good luck !

BB

• 4 months later...

as for health insurance no checks we're done(except a 'yes' checkbox at application form LOL) even this is schengen wide requirement & we 'forgot' to take any insurance ;)

we travelled to sweden, denmark & spain BTW

next up is either 1 more tourist visa (full 3 months this time & according to BB this will involve a bit more than 6 days processing I guess?), 1year au-pair or perhaps even the residence permit!

wish us luck :)

PhaJaNa said:

Embassy of Finland gives nowadays 14 day visa to female thais . This is not depending whether they have been in Finland before or not. It seems to be impossible to get longer visa like before. How about other Schengen countries. Have they changed rules . Can a girl get 2-3 months visa to German,Sweden etc like before ?

You are mixing up stuff. Go back into class again Pha, the lesson is: "do not listen to nonsense, do not listen to nonsense"

Spank yourself while drinking Vodka until you pass out, while you repeat this post until you get blue. Oh yes, get Matti Nykenhen to join you also :clown:

You can get a 3 months tourist visa for Thai. 6 months fiancee visa.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived