Visa to Schengen countries

Embassy of Finland gives nowadays 14 day visa to female thais . This is not depending whether they have been in Finland before or not. It seems to be impossible to get longer visa like before. How about other Schengen countries. Have they changed rules . Can a girl get 2-3 months visa to German,Sweden etc like before ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi PhaJaNa,

you just need an invitation from a person with enough income to get a 3-month visa for most countries - Sweden (as Straycat answered), Denmark and most others. I don't know why Finland is an exception. However, it's just to ask a friend in Sweden to make the invitation instead, fly to Stockholm and take the ferry to Finland!

In fact if a thai have enough money they must give them a 14 days tourist visa without an invitation, Rama V temple in Sweden is a popular place for thai tourists.

elef

Guest lazyphil

My mrs got a 3 month Schengen visa last summer for Austria we crossed into Italy also and I was under the immpression we could go anywhere in the Schengen zone on this visa?

lazyphil said:

My mrs got a 3 month Schengen visa last summer for Austria we crossed into Italy also and I was under the immpression we could go anywhere in the Schengen zone on this visa?

Phil,

Thats why its called the Schengen zone, and thats why the UK does not to join as they want to keep controll......

Get a visa from 1 memberstate, travel freely to any. simple.

GF has a visa for Belgium, arrives in Schengen through Amsterdam or Frankfurt, travels throught to Belgium without any further checks as no more borders at all....

Went last month to France throught Luxemburg, she even forgot to take her passport with her, we were never stopped.....

BB

Hi,

my info is a bit outdated as it is from December 2000 and it was a Schengen visa for an indonesian girl.

Had to send an invitation letter for her, but this letter had to be addressed to the embassy, like 'Dear embassy, I invite X to germany because I marry her best friend Y. I am ready to bear all costs should problems arrive.' I was not asked about my income or situation here. Also the girl had to buy a health insurance for the three month and present it when she applied for the visa. Visa was good for all Schengen countries of course, hence the name.

Even if no health insurance is required you'd be smart to buy one. You never know. Even then you might be liable for her medical treatment. The girl I invited took to much extacy in the netherlands and was taken to hospital for a night or two. Her boyfriend had to pay the bill and I don't know if the health insurance paid him back.

Guest lazyphil

The good ole' USE--one currency, no border control, lets have one language?....English!! (then I'll think about a yes vote to join up :))

lazyphil said:

The good ole' USE--one currency, no border control, lets have one language?....English!! (then I'll think about a yes vote to join up :))

LP,

Yes indeed, that will be the way, one language only, and it will be English :p

You might want to learn how to spell it then......... ::

BB

Archived