Londoner Qwiz Nite April 27

It looks like we are going to be short-handed this week. Pom Michael & Goatscrot are not able to make it tonight. Anyone else out there care to join us? 50% off food and 2-4-1 beers.

The Londoner Brew Pub is in the basement of the UBC II building at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 33, in case Zaad gets lost again :neener:

PM me if you need to know how to find us.

Cheers,

SD

Hi suadum,

I may well be in The Londoner tonight but I'm really not interested in the quiz for one very simple reason - it goes on too long.:sleeping:

I could tolerate half an hour, or maybe the full 60 minutes but after that I know I would begin to feel trapped, claustrophobic and stressed out. When stressed, I tend to lose my normally placid exterior.:cussing:

Good luck.:up:

Khwai :beer:

Well, t'was a less than banner evening for both NPF teams at the ole Qwiz.

NPFI, The Trivia Gods, got off slow with a 35 in round one where most other contending teams got 40+. They made a strong comeback in round two with a 41, but screwed the pooch again in the last round with a 30. They ended up tied for 6th. Must have been the lack of a 2nd Tuesday quiz this month that dulled their senses :D.

NPFII, The Clueless Wonders, were woefully understaffed with only Ultras67 and your's truly competing. Our goal was to not finish last! This was not a bad goal to set as all of the other 13 teams had 5 or 6+ players (OK, one had 4). So we sucked eggs in round one with a 25. Round two was better with a respectable 34. Round three was a killer with NPFII only coming up with 23 points. But hey, it was good enough for 13th place out of 14!!!!! We met the goal and I was pretty impressed with us (as was the QuizMaster).

Our associated team, NPFIII, aka Mad Dogs & Englishmen, finished 12th. Why? Only two of 'em were sober LOL!

Some sample Qs.

Round 1:

What are the first names (characters, not actors) of the 3 brothers in Godfather trilogy (photo supplied)?

What year did Queen Elizabeth come into power (not coronated)?

Where are the pillars of Hercules?

What is a young beaver called?

What is Bob Dylan's real name?

Who won the FPA second year running?

Name the last two Master's winners (photo supplied).

Round 2:

Who is the patron saint of Wales?

Name the only bird that can fly backward.

Who was the only US President to resign from office?

Name the author of the book Private Parts (photo supplied).

Who was the 1st PM of Israel?

What is the lowest point in the contential US? (no, not the White House LOL)

The highest?

Round 3:

What company made the original Jeep?

Who discovered and first managed the Beatles?

How much blood is in an average adult human?

Name the first free African country (flag shown).

What is the longest river in Scotland?

Name the point on the coast of England that is closest to Ireland.

What is the last name of the character Chandler on TV show Friends?

Cheers,

SD

• 2 weeks later...

Archived