Refused entry at Bed Niteclub

MisterBlonde

Spent a good night with my new gorgeous Thai Gf.....booked an executive suite at the Conrad,and had a romantic dinner at the Sirocco restaurant on the 63rd floor...the view is awesome....and stopped into Bed Supperclub soi 11 for a few drinks to top off the night.I was refused entry for the only reason that i did not have my passport with me.I am 42,dressed in a dinner jacket....my lady is wearing a black cocktail dress,and we are refused entry......friggin unbelievable......this country has a major problem....whats next? urine testing and fingerprinting before entry?....this country gets nothing but worse.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was refused entry at the Sheraton once. First I was hit upon by one Thai lady would could only say "No sleepers"! God, I came there to dance, not sleep so what is the problem? Another Thai lady came up and said about the same - then I understood what they were saying. Next time I will not wear sandals.

Sounds like in your case the business may have had some illegals or know of businesses that got in trouble because they had illegals (in your case - over stay). Expect more screening - no big deal.

Hi

Two weeks ago we went to the Disco at the grand hyatt Erawan.

At the entry they asked for my wifes passport...i was a few steps behind her reading the signs about 650thb entry.

She was getting a bit upset with the guys ..but we left as the place was dead quiet and no way would pay the 650.

Do not know if they would have asked for mine.(not have on me at the time anyway)

Plenty of places are asking people to show ID for entry now --farangs and Thai.

QBar ID everyone, but will accept any ID with age printed. Other places are being much more strict and actually want the actual passpoprt, no copies.

This all goes back to the CM2 raid where no farangs had a passport. Clubs, if raided, are fined for each person without ID -- including foreigners.

Some club owners don't want to risk it now, others have said that there is an added benefit to this in that now they can have one more tool against turnig away "undesirables".

Whatever the motives, if you want to go out now, best to have some ID.

Mister Blonde, you any relation to that rogue whoremonger Jimmie?

Tell us more about the Sirocco restaurant in the clouds? Any dress code? What style of food? How was the bar?

I'll be in Thailand for a week from tomorrow and was planning on checking it out on Thursday night before heading down to Hua Hin. :beer::up:

Roppongi said:

Surely a copy of your passport is more than sufficient for ID?

If they need more proof, drop the name of your hotel.

Hi

Usually carry a couple of business cards from the hotels i stay at...the managers card :up:

Always have my agents id (photo card)..valid all over the world with me at all times.

You're right, TB.

Silly idea to carry your original passport with you at all times. Far safer in the hotel safe-keeping facilities.

You very rarely need it, (unless changing traveller's cheques etc), and a copy is more than appropriate in most circumstances. Anyway, most driver's licences world-wide are photo licences these days, so that should be sufficient.

Fly P.

Archived