MisterBlonde

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MisterBlonde said:
El_Tel said:
MisterBlonde said:

I am 42,dressed in a dinner jacket....my lady is wearing a black cocktail dress

Dare I suggest that it's possible that you were deservedly refused entry for being such a pair of posers.

A dinner jacket? In this climate?

Personally, I think you should have been deported!

Dare i suggest, that you keep your moronic comments to yourself ::

Mmmm? Hit a nerve did I? ::

Of course you may dare.

But of course I won't.

Dare I also suggest that another reason for you being turned away was maybe that you showed such a complete lack of a sense of humour at the door as you've shown on this thread. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Last night we were asked for ID at Mystique- which is the first time we've been asked there. Two of the three of us had Thai driver's licenses, but a friend had no photo ID on him. He told the security guards jokingly that he is clearly older than 20 (he's in his 40s) and they let him through.

Had a problem at BED a while back, tho- we reserved far in advance but my friends had left their passports back in their hotel, clear across town. This was back about 6 months ago, before checking IDs was more widespread, and BED had failed to mention anything when we reserved- possibly because the reservation was made before the ID requirement was in place. We debated about what we should do and finally settled us going back to their hotel, picking up their passports, and coming back as it was their last night in town and they wanted to try the place. The staff at the door told us it'd take too long (approx 90min) and they couldn't hold our reservation- and they couldn't make an exception for us. Wasn't very happy about that at all and haven't gone back to eat there since.

The law forcing foreigners to carry their passport is one thing. However I can?t remember of any law or rule that forces me to show my passport, if I want to go for a dinner or dance in a regular club. I am working all over South East Asia and never experienced what is going on in Thailand now. Even 7 years back in Singapore I could visit clubs without having to show my passport. It a clear sign where this country is heading towards and it is definitely the wrong direction.

Archived