Refused entry at Bed Niteclub

MisterBlonde

At the airport, I dropped off some luggage before heading out the next day. They needed to see my passport, I showed them my photocopy. One said it was not a passport and another told her to be quite that she did not know what a passport is. Same same.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM,

:: What? Arai na?

This thread is about a night club. You're not going to drop off your luggage anywhere near an airport in the USA, without taking immediate possesion of it, let alone the day before. Please don't answer, as this has NOTHING to do with this thread.

HT

Mister Blonde,

I am a fanatic supporter of the good old times when horny gentlemen played hours on the guitar under balconies and waisted their whole property just for the sole purpose of shagging an ugly bitch who afterwards was not worth it. I do not wish to include youself into this category although I am impressed by your appearance which shows elegance and style of a bygone era ; but they did not let you in.

An executive suite in the Conrad

A Dinner jacket

A dinner

An Isaan ricefarmer in cocktail outfit.

ON BEHALF OF THE WHOLE BOARD I MAY EXPRESS MY DEEPEST CONCERN

What was wrong ?

Instead of debating finally unclear entry rules of a club which seems to be owned by an Indian I wish to lead the discussion into another direction by carefully analysing possible flaws which might have been overlooked so far and thus could be avoided at future visits:

Your dinner jacket ; where did you buy it. Was it an Italian Brioni-made masterpiece or did you buy it at Ebay Japan from a Sumo-Champion ?

Did your companion offer a tattoo on her bum saying " I lub Otto " , shining through the cocktail outfit.

About the executive suite : I am really devastated about that one , could after all be they understood Khao san for Conrad because it DOES sound similar.

I feel so sorry about all this.

BuBi

[color:"green"] yep, but that's no mugging, ... [/color]

You missed the point. YOU are the one who brought up mugging as the way to get your passport stolen. I just indicated there is a more common way to get your passport stolen if you carry it around all the time. :doah:

Yeah a lot of the Suk clubs have been put on notice and are being extra strict, not their policy, it's just them covering their asses in case of a raid.

Also, I have heard of farangs turned away from Silom Soi 4 in the past month because they didn't have their actual passport -- a driver's liscense and passport copy wouldn't cut it. Of course Thais have been getting turned away for months now.

Like all things the rules seem to be enforced some places and not others. But know that times are changing and gone are the days when a farang can just do whatever the hell he pleases and walk around without any ID.

>This thread is about a night club.

Actually, I think its about the need for foreigners to carry a passport as ID.

>You're not going to drop off your luggage anywhere near an airport in the USA,

Oh Dear. Where did he say he did it in USA? Don Muang *does* have a left luggage office, and double Oh dear, they will store your bags, and treble oh dear - they require passport ID...

> Please don't answer,

Ooops.

-j-

They have been asking farang for ID regularly at the clubs since George Bush was in BKK, you only had to say you forgot it and it was not an issue; seems to me about 3 months ago when I was last in BKK they were really starting to enforce the having an ID to enter at the clubs. Last time I was at BED they checked(read scrutinized by actually opening it up and matching the picture to my face) my passport. I saw several farang get turned away for not having an ID on them. A couple of places I have been patted down.

Starting to get like the good old USA now

Hi josh_ingu,

You are correct in that I was speaking of the US. But I do think 'baggage storage' will become a thing of the past, in all airports, including the new BBK one.

Back to the topic at hand, security will/is be tightened all over. "BED" is not a good example, as they have had their problems with local law enforcement over the years, unrelated to this issue. But I think overall, 'get used to it". Unfortunatly, it is the wave of the future.

Those two planes slamming into the World Trade Center, changed many things. And not for the good, I might add.

HT

The law is there, is that you need to have your passport on you at all times. A photocopy is not acceptable. That's it, plain and simple, according to Thai written law. While a photocopy may be acceptable in many cases, in real, it is not valid, in terms of legality.

HT

Archived