Apachie on Soi Cowboy Closed???

Pianoman

LOL! Ya, that was the strangest thing tonight. My favourite hello girl was back outside Tony's, but the lights were off. She wanted me to come on in and have a cocktail, but the old bat mama-san told me no (just doing her job). The inside was lit, the music was on, and the girls were dancing in street clothes on the stage. This was at about 2300. Very weird, even for The Big Mango...

Officially reopening tomorrow, err today now that it is 0100! Mama-san actually said come back after 0100 and they'll open for me :D.

Cheers,

SD

I was in the Bangkokney Soi 6 beer bar in late April when at least 8 Tony dancers came in. The one I knew well told me Tonys was temporarily closed for renovations. Maybe it was a good opportunity for renovating while being closed for other reasons.

Agogos getting closed seem more and more common in the past year. Maybe connections are not as effective as they were in the past.

Stickman offered the following in a recent weekly:

"Tony's Bar in Cowboy who sponsor the where is this picture were closed for 10 days and just re-opened yesterday. They were charged with the very serious crime of "demeaning the Stickman website" by offering a minuscule 500 baht bar tab to the first person who states where the where is this picture is. The general who conducted the raid led by commandoes was reported as saying "This is the Stickman site, not some poxy little two bit website. Increase the prize to 1,000 baht or else." The bar owner wouldn't budge and the bar was closed for ten days. The bar owner decided to take his staff down to Pattaya for the weekend and despite all the long weekend holiday traffic they enjoyed the break with lots of food, drink and the obligatory banana riding, ooops, I mean banana boating."

And from Bangkokeyes.com about Apache:

"The Apache have been naughty girls - Bangkok's Finest, this time from Thonglor, have recently dispensed some extra-judicial street justice in the form of an arbitrary two-week holiday. This, presumably to allow them adequate time to contemplate their inappropriateness. The manageress, unfortunately, shed more heat than light on the problem, as she was still seething when I asked her for details - something about corrupt policemen - if you can believe that!"

I was in some formerly great Cowboy bars last night ... and the police should raid them for having porkers performing! (Or maybe the animal rights folks should do it.) We left one bar when "Rodolfo" simply couldn't take looking at fatties any longer. There should be some sort of rule that go-go dancers must have waistlines smaller than the average punter in the bar.

as american you should be used to watch Jumbo Queens all day!

and they are not under minority protection either as they represent the majority of the female population!

as for the gogo's i do not mind the jumbos; good for a laugh as long they do not chase on me!

Archived