Let's change the thais!

pattaya127

>Red Bull is actually the marketing brainchild of a Austrian, who came to Thailand, thought what a great drink to sell overseas.

The Thais have basically no control over it, its a Austrian!

That's it - I could not remember how they lost control, just knew they had nothing from that market.

It was their own representative who lamented in BKK Post 2 years ago.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P,

Lets change the Thais.

Why would one ever want to change anything in Thailand or the Thais in general ???????

I love Thailand and the Thais as they are, if you want to change them, then into what ?

Change the culture, religion, business ethics, opening hours, better schooling, what ?

Mold them into 'our' so-called 'superior' thinking ?

Naaahhhh...... let then choose for themselves.

If I would want any changes, that would be to get rid of all our junkfood :p

BB

Well, they still get 10-15% I think from the sales, remember reading that, now if they where to take over control from the Austrian, no doubt they would greatly increase the success of the company.

Other Thai success stories would be CP group, who have lost money ion all the monoplies they invested in, and Siam Cement

JB

>Why would one ever want to change anything in Thailand or the Thais in general ???????

Because Thais want to change in the first place. Maybe you missed my example about TG asking foreign passengers what they want changed. To attract responses, they are organizing a draw.

Why have they changed so much over last 15 years? While changing, in the example of TG, they are just asking how to do that more successfully.

Or, you meant - we should not try to change the way Thais are introducing the changes themselves?

Cool, if we can stay aside but sometimes they won't let you leave them alone.

TTM,

Yep did read your comments on TG and had a giggle....

No more wai when entering or leaving the plane ??? where is the world going to ??

Its part of THEIR culture ! It must be saved !

And in changing, let them change, but for the better then, not worse.......

As for passengers asking changes, that would be in service, nothing like what P12K is asking here to change in Thailand....

IMO.

BB

respectfully waiing

>No more wai when entering or leaving the plane ??? where is the world going to ??

Its part of THEIR culture ! It must be saved !

You don't have to enter the plane to see a good wai.

The best one I saw was given by Thai Air Force commander to nothing less than - another man's in power feet!

Yes, the man in power was sitting in a chair and the general was down on his knees, waing at feet!

Although part of their culture, it's something that does not inspire any confidence to an outsider.

How Kemal Ataturk told his Turks to stop wearing turbans and use latinic instead of arabic script...that sort of change I mean.

think_too_mut said:

Although part of their culture, it's something that does not inspire any confidence to an outsider.

..... and now you lost me.... how can you make a statement like that ?

On the contrary, it seems that the west lost all sense of values, Thais still have some, same as respect.

BB

>and now you lost me.... how can you make a statement like that ?

I thought I could...in a thread titled "Let's change the Thais".

One opinion, several contrary opinions, so what?

BTW, I am finding waing cute but not always. When it comes to serious things, waing is so cute that makes them look and feel as submissive. We know they are not but a handshake or nod would be better, IMO.

What aspect do you obviously have a problem with, the post was a tongue in cheek question asking should the Thais be changed and how one would go about this...

My post was a tongue in cheek answer to that post,

I wasnt drunk when I wrote it, or on medication or ill. Please have the common decency to indicate what aspect of my post you have a problem with, surprise me you normally make your acidic churlish remarks then slink off when challenged.

Waiting

STH

Archived