Membership Survey

khunsanuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

Apart from stating that this information would be of interest to you , maybe if you stated what the intented end use is for this information and what it will be used for and in what format and where it may be stored, maybe more people would feel more comfortable about passing on details of their monthly salarys etc.

As i am sure you could appreciate there is some fairly dodgy stuff hapening on the net with breaches of confidence etc where information is gathered and distributed. Will for instance information gathered in this poll be discussed in your private moderators forum?

The reason i ask is that i have an uneasy feeling that someone will come knocking on my door to tell me that i have won a stake in a timeshare apartment.

Mr_X said:

The reason i ask is that i have an uneasy feeling that someone will come knocking on my door to tell me that i have won a stake in a timeshare apartment.

Hi x,

Only if you reveal your true identity - including home address. Many Board members (including myself) value their anonymity and make sure it is preserved. No information put in the survey can be linked to you as a real person - only to Mr X.

Or can it?

Khwai

Hi,

I understand the concern and am always reluctant to give away personal information myself as well, so let me try to take away some concern.

The info from this survey will be used to give me a better picture of what kind of people are hanging around here and what their backgrounds / spending patterns are.

Besides it being interesting to the members here, it will hopefully also allow me to better target advertisers.

I will state again that all of this information is anonymous. The only information I get (besides the answers obviously) is the Remote IP and Remote Host of the person who filled out the survey. I can assure you that I will not be passing this information on, nor that I will bother trying to figure out who this is (which would in most cases be totally impossible anyway).

There is no link between the survey and this board, so I cannot connect survey entries to a boardname (unless you enter the boardname on the survey).

As to: "Will for instance information gathered in this poll be discussed in your private moderators forum?"

Why would it? I have no problem having these discussions on the open board, and I intend to publish the results for all to see.

These results will NOT be linked to any particular person.

"The reason i ask is that i have an uneasy feeling that someone will come knocking on my door to tell me that i have won a stake in a timeshare apartment."

Kinda difficult as I have no idea who you are. You do not enter any identifying information in the survey (unless you opt to do so by entering your boardname) and the IP address is pretty much useless in tracking you down. The furthest I could get is to the ISP which was used, and I have no intention of even doing that.

I do not care about the individual answers, I care about the overall picture.

Finally, if you are uncomfortable answering the questions on salary / income, then don't answer them. None of the questions are mandatory, so you can just answer only those you feel comfortable with.

Hope that clears up some concerns. Any questions feel free to ask.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"No information put in the survey can be linked to you as a real person - only to Mr X.

Or can it?"

Not even that. All it can get linked to is an IP address.

It cannot be linked to a boardname unless you enter this boardname in the survey.

Sanuk!

i had no problem with filling out the survey.

KS has an interest in learning about HIS Forum and i don't see any harm in taking part.

the subject of anominity does not worry me at all.

i have used my real name on the Forum in the past and given many details of my current circumstances.

and many Members know my name and what i look like.

i don't understand why people are so scared about any of their details being revealed.

lets hope more people fill out the survey and help KS.

after all this is a place he created for the benefit of us all and we should help him.

after all,it is an innocent thing to do.

Hi KS,

I have flown to Asia at least once a year for the last 3 years, but 'Asia' doesnt necessarily mean Thailand, so I ticked 'less than 1'.

Apologies if this throws your figures out, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who tries to see more of Asia than the relatively thin strip between Burma and Laos. Yes, I'd love to return to Thailand and spend 5K baht each day on food and nightlife, but its not likely to happen this year.

KS,

Did your survey today and had some problems with it.

- Have been both expat (97-99) and tourist (00-present)

- Recent visits have been associated with in-laws, many of the tourist answer choices do not fit the situation.

- On the expat side, some might be retirees not workers. Again, the answer choices do not really fit the situation.

Might be worth another survey to better define the nature of people's time spent in Thailand?

Grabii

Archived