Pay girl outta the bar (pay out discussion)

cardinalblue

Hi Fly,

>>>>the thai market has also very varied sectors.<<<<

To be sure. But what do you think of the farang market? Girls pretty much out of the loop, concerning a structured entity there, IMO. I've alway seen them as pretty much free agents, as things go there. Free to move about at will, compared to their Thai market counterparts, which seems to be much more stuctured. The simple fact that you have been unable to infiltrate this sector, would bear this out immeasurably. :D

I did some research a few years ago on exporting Thai girls to Japan. Incredibly organized. A whole different world from farang go-go's and beer bars. Some truely scary shit involved there. And you are correct....impregnable, to say the very least. I have my doubt's that you will ever be able to work your way into that world. :p

HT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I don't think there is an exit fee for restaurant waitresses. Hell, it is not even expected that they give two weeks notice. I know of a girl just last week gave her bank one day notice she was resigning so she could start work the following monday at a competing bank. It kind of surprised me the lack of buisness etiquette involved in the Thai mainstream....<<<

No employer will be overly happy when one of the staff just leaves for an extended period of time, whatever the reason may be. It is however an big problem in Thailand. Although most employment contracts will include a notice period, lower ranks in most business just leave. This is one of the reasons that many employers levy a guarantee. A recently graduated family member just starting working at a bank and had to pay a guarantee of 10K. It' extremely common.

A girl working at a restaurant, shop, departmentstore will most vertainly have problems is she just walks off with a customer. Why should that be any diffirent in the bar business.

On the other hand Torrenova is sacking his staff if they have BF's. So any bloke that starts a relationship with one of his girls won't have to pay up, since she's going to be sacked anyway.

Does his bar in such give the Girl proper notice and a termination pay?

honestly, i don't really know.

--------------------------------

I think there were at least 2 written, or co-authored by S. Ekachai, though she safely moved on to other subjects after. Never read them, have little interest in strict mafia criminality, but a lot in the kind of family cum vilage cum clans RTs that reflect the nature of hierarchy in Thailand.

I read a very good book on kamnan and provincial businessmen (often the same), that gave a lot of light into the system of local patronage you mentionned, and how their affluence brought them in the high stake game of BKK and national politics and finances. My book (mostly compiled studies by different authors) is in Pattaya, i can't remember the name, "Provincial something.....".

Studies are indeed less a good read than general books, which tend to be a bit sensationnalist or reducing, but they afford a much better insight in the "thai ways" of a certain problem or corruption, which often are found everywhere around the world.

To all,

Not one of my girls has to go with a customer. If at any time whilst sitting or talking to him, she decides she does not want to go, then I back her and all the girls 100%. They know this and I am not worried if I lose business. My staff is my priority.

By the way, the girls often ask me whether they think Mr X is a good boy or not. I answer honestly and they respect that. I doubt any girl of mine would be tempted to go and work for another beer bar for the same money or slightly more (some bars pay 50% of what I pay).

To High Thaid,

I do not devulge my background or current status at every opportunity. But, to fill in the gaps, I used to be an investment banker on the trading side, largely proprietary trading on east european fixed income before moving onto asset and credit swaps. I retired this year, booked my place in the sun for the next 50 years and decided to get a few businesses. I used to run bars in Magalluf before I went to university. I took no shit then and I take no shit now. I do however miss the free first class flights !!!.

HT,

I appreciate your comments and those of other rational souls. I will endeavour to comment rationally to any posts made in good faith about the business I have chosen. I will try not to rise to the bait but forgive me if the odd wanker oversteps the mark.

Particularly about Pattaya, but also Bangkok, if any posters have any questions, then please feel free to ask away or PM me. I shall always answer to the best of my ability and also honestly.

Quote:

"MightyMouse said:

Torrenova, don't you think it is strange that 99.9999 percent of the businesses in the world do not put restrictions on their 'employees' as to who they can and can not have as friends?

Torrenova, are these girls really employees?

If they are real employees, are they not entitled to certain working condition regulations?

I think you know what kind of business you are running and that every aspect seems to smell of scam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, last reply to you MM.

I see that despite your relatively large number of posts, you seem to know jack shit about the business or Thailand for that matter. Have you ever been there ?

You appear to have an alterior motive and I will not bite. "

Torrenova, you NEVER answered the question. Name me just one place that says the employess can not have boy friends or girl friends. All I ask for is just one place, should not be very hard, should it?

As for Thailand, I live here.

And I do not like being ripped of by phony extra charges, tourist prices and other scams.

When you have time, read the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that was Adopted and proclaimed by the UN as General Assembly resolution 217 A (III) of 10 December 1948. If you can honestly agree you are in harmony with all 30 articles, then I give you my blessings.

My postings are not to piss you off but to ley you realize that Thailands Human trafficking score has not been very good. Ity is easier for the government to go after the little guys and in some cases, as reported in the newspapers, have recently gone after falangs who are in the business. Operating a prostitution business is your business, but telling the whole world what you are doing by the internet may be construed by some as not being very intelligent.

Hi MM,

"As for Thailand, I live here."

Really???? I remember this post:

Re: west coast to bkk in july-august [Re: liquidflux]

#321781 - 06/05/2004 11:12 Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I just bought a ticket from inland USA to LA and then to BKK. Roundtrip with the extra from inland USA to BKK was $644. That included everything - final price. I just bought the tickets with 7 day advance notice. From LA to BKK, of course would be cheaper. I book my flights thru a travel agency that uses China Airlines. China Airlines provides an 'add-on' to inland USA for me with United. As you can see, if the add on with United was removed, the cost of the ticket would be less.

As for tickets for July or August, I have not seen in past years much of a fluctuation in price from what I have stated above.

One thing that might help you is to have some of the ticket selling sites send you price changes when they occur from LA to BKK. I do this and notice that those prices always seem a lot lower then any of the flights I can find on-line.

Hi MM,

Not too sure where you are trying to go with this. Human trafficking usually relates to selling people into some sort of bondage, or a situation that does not benefit them. To the best of my knowledge, a b/g can sit all month without ever leaving with a customer. She might have to pay some barfines, but she knew that when she willingly filled out the employment application. The fact is they can go look for another type of work anytime they feel like it, if not comfortable with their career decision. At least is true of the girls servicing us farang. Sure a bar owner/manager who has hookers working out of their bar, are participants in the prostitution business. The same as any punter who participates, as well. But talking of human trafficking in these cases, is really taking it over the top, IMO.

>>>>Operating a prostitution business is your business, but telling the whole world what you are doing by the Internet may be construed by some as not being very intelligent.<<<<

Since when is owning/managing a beer bar in Pattaya a crime to hide from the public???

HT

And while thinking about it, last time I was in Las Vegas, the girls told me they had to pay the bar US$100 every night, just to work there. :: And all they did was dance. Never saw any of them leave with a customer.

You think the LOS girls have it hard with having to come up with a few bar fines every week? I'd hardly call them (LV girls) being trafficked as human beings, either.

You can't traffic someone who is free to come and go as they please, at will. Relating to b/g's, if the bar was not there, they would simply be out on the street, selling themselves there. They use the bar, as much as the bar uses them.

HT

Elef, glad you can read my other posts.

As to where I live, it is in Thailand.

Do I travel other places: definetly YES.

Where do I spend most of my time: Thailand.

Any more questions?

Quote:

"And while thinking about it, last time I was in Las Vegas, the girls told me they had to pay the bar US$100 every night, just to work there. And all they did was dance. Never saw any of them leave with a customer."

The reason you saw them leave with a customer is that in Las Vegas prostitution is illegal. Only in certain counties is it legal in Neveda.

Don't feel bad, most people believe it is legal in all of Neveda.

Archived