Wtach out and be aware: date rate drugs?

Lord Toad

Guest lazyphil

For one reason or another I found myself walking around the mrs old slum area in bkk metro area quite pissed up, alone, the only things causing me grief were the stray dogs, theres a longish empty bit of road you have to walk from one settlement to the next in total darkness and dogs were leaping out from all direction barking and growling at me, I need a Rabbies jab next time because even the nice new place the family live now has damn dogs everywhere but they look more cute!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An unfortunate experience indeed...

Sadly, the use of drugs such as Rhohypnol ("Roofies") in the commission of offences is not confined to Thailand although, granted, it is usually an unsuspecting female who has her drinks spiked here in the UK.

Determining whether or not such a drug has been administered is not easy due to its fairly rapid expulsion from the body. A victim will typically not report an assault until some time after the event; victims talk often of 'dream-like' sequences where they are aware of the assault occurring but were unable to do do anything about it. Subsequently they are often unsure whether anything really did occur until some time has elapsed. By the time blood samples have been taken and submitted for analysis (toxicology) there is 'no trace'.

Most, though not all, of the manufacturers of these drugs are adding a dye or other indicator to their tablets so that their addition to a drink is obvious. Mind you, if you're half pissed already then that's a non-starter.

It's a bad world out there...

A shit experience indeed.

On the safetly box topic, to me it reinforces the benefits of an electronic room safe and the use of cards for money, rather than large wedges of cash which I see some tourists are still walking around with or leave in their rooms.

Having a key for an in room safe is a bit pointless in my opinion. If thats the only option, then leave all at the safe in receeption.

there is always a night attendent at Street Lodge. Perhaps he could shed a little light on how he arrived home.

Any chance that he just got relly drunk and fell down? You have provided no evidence that a drugging occurred. I realize this is what you 'feel happened', but if you want to really find out keep an open mind and investigate ALL possibilities.

>>>For one reason or another I found myself walking around the mrs old slum area in bkk metro area quite pissed up, alone,<<<

and of course your missus told 'ya that this was a very normal and intelligent thing to do, applauded you for the wise decision, suggesting to do such a nice little evening walk every day. ::

"the tourist police might be nice and diplomatic about it"

I have a friend who is a cop. Last year he came looking to borrow 30K off of me so he can enroll in the tourist police "school" Seems he had to upgrade some skills before he could apply for the job. The only reason why he wanted it as they get about 10K more a month. Did not think he would be that great as a tourist police.

Archived