Wtach out and be aware: date rate drugs?

Lord Toad

the tourist police is more or less irrelevant.

they have hardly any real power, they are mainly there to mollycuddle tourists and to help them out in some small scams.

10K more a month? wow! that is a lot! no wonder he wants to join.

very little danger compared to the real police, not half as much work.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhohypnol...

Happened to me my second visit there. From a girl sitting on the steps outside NEP at 1:30am, just after me getting there (BKK). Slipped into my beer from 7/11.

Not a good experience, to say the very least. It does, and can, happen. Trust me.

HT

They can also be administered in the form of an aerosol or powder.

http://www.worldroom.com/pages/wrnbk/coverstory.phtml

Seems like the problem is that they can be obtained too easily. Are the date rape drugs legal in Thailand? Couldn't the government do more to control their distribution? Cutting off or controlling the source should be easier than finding the users.

Sounds like a normal night out for me. :drunk: After 15 changs :up: I usually wake up at home the next morning with no idea how I got there and an empty wallet. Usually have a few bumps and bruises as well and sore bollocks, but I put that down to the wifes 'friendly greeting' at 4 am.

>>>>>Sounds like a normal night out for me. After 15 changs I usually wake up at home the next morning with no idea how I got there and an empty wallet. Usually have a few bumps and bruises as well and sore bollocks, but I put that down to the wifes 'friendly greeting' at 4 am.<<<<

:D So true. 5555555

HT

Hi BlackStack,

Talk about obtaining illegal drugs is banned on this site. Suffice it to say that illegal drugs, in general, are easily obtainable in LOS. They often come from outside the country, and the cost is very cheap. Thai government does what it can, but is a huge problem, not easily containable.

Date-rape drugs are easily accessable, no matter what country you might be from. Is certainly not only a problem isolated to just LOS.

>>>They can also be administered in the form of an aerosol or powder.<<

I did not see this on the site you've shown. Can direct me clearer?

HT

Yep, heard of a couple of stories like this in my recent trips.

2 months ago we pick up 2 birds in Petchburi 45 with a friend and he comes back to consciousness 15 hours or so later, without laptop, handphone and money.As the bird I went with was a very hot shot I call her up again the next day anyway and bring her to another friend's place. She's high again and goes easily through a bunch of wild treatment. Then later on , god knows what happen in those fucked up heads, I catch her slipping some pill in my drink, while there R at least 5 of my mates around the table :( I slap her, she hits herself with a glass. Slap her harder. Hits herself with a bottle. Slap her even harder and she goes " Ok no problem, I go"

What I love most in BKK is the sweetness in relatationships. :D

Next day as the friend who was robbed insisted I called her up and set her up with the police, and this friend went through a couple of days more of frustration before going back to Singapore without getting any of his stuff back- although they found out who was the girl who spiked his drink and where she stayed.

On a funny note I met again the girl I smacked a coupple of days ago in Petch 45. Couldn't recognize her but understood who she was as she told me the story and showed one messed up nail she claimed lovingly I had injured.

The beginning of a love story :: she obviously checked what I had in my pockets than we moved to PB after sunset give her a rough time.

No need to despair abt BKK nighlife. Still way from tame!

It is in the previous link, third paragraph, second last sentence.

Though, I have trouble believing that someone can be drugged by licking tits. Putting the stuff on the skin of the tits would expose the person to absorbing it themselves. I don't know of a way of preparing/protecting the skin so that it wouldn't absorb it, without this being obvious by either sight or touch.

http://www.gmu.edu/facstaff/sexual/rohypnol.html

From another source:

"Criminals sometimes use incapacitating drugs on unsuspecting tourists in order to rob them. These so-called "date rape" drugs may be administered in drinks, cigarettes, or chewing gum, or in aerosol form such as 'perfume' that a stranger may invite one to sniff. The drugs render the victim disoriented and can cause prolonged unconsciousness and serious medical problems. During 2002, several American citizens reported thefts of property following ingestion of such substances"

spirit_of_town_hall said:

Thats a worry, Bus Stop is a place I would probably let my guard down. I eat there often and meet people and it appears civilised and safe. I have always been on my guard in Beer Garden Soi 7 as a friend has been drugged there had all his valuables stolen.

STH

I was'nt acually drugged in the at Soi7 BG but by one of the girls there later on in the evening.Some of the longer serving members will remember the thread but I can't find it in the achives::

Guest lazyphil

<<and of course your missus told 'ya that this was a very normal and intelligent thing to do, applauded you for the wise decision, suggesting to do such a nice little evening walk every day>>

I do take serious your accounts of nastys in LOS with the violence and what have you but I personaly cant relate to it, there has been only one time in LOS I've been afraid of attack and that was when I was taking a piss in some bumpkin town half way between bkk/phuket when 4 Thai lads pulled a knife on me only to run off when an old man walked into the bog--apart from this I've walked alone in all sorts of places far from the tourist police patroled areas without incedent--maybe I'm just lucky?--I think London is less safe for overseas tourists than it is in bkk for overseas tourist. I feel less safe at night in London than Bangkok

Archived