Wtach out and be aware: date rate drugs?

Lord Toad

some counter measures:

1. exercise extreme caution when with freelancers. BG's have ID on file at their bar and salaries to come back to. Freelancers can disappear without a trace with no notice.

2. assure the front desk of your place takes her id and does not release it without you there. Option 2 would be to lock it in your minivault. Having her ID is akin to having someone's passport.

3. stay at a place with security cameras both as a deterrant as she may be looking for them and for tracking down a culprit.

4. jot down where you are going before going out so you can retrace your steps if needed

Others?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London and New York aside! :rolleyes:

Sukhumvit is a watershed in safety in Bangkok compared to the rest of the city :applause: Check out all the gang problems in Nakhom Pratom, with drugging and rapes being regular incidents :doah:

This is all happening near prestigious Silpakorn University. [campus outside Bangkok]

On Sukhumvit you can be proper pissed, barely walking, and out at all hours with hardly a worry of anything ever happening to you. Except what is the result of the dodgy company you take up. This is thanks to the Thai police's deep interest in protecting tourists and coffers.

Yeah, I admit that there are some Katoey pickpockets :: but c'mon its smooth sailing 90% of the time. The only problem is dodgy women, which are just that dodgy women...

I guess I'm just saying the police are not inept or uninterested in protecting tourists. For an example try walking around Sanam Luang or Ratchadamnoen at 3AM with an expensive camera, gold buddha thumping on your sweaty chest, and a shit-eating grin on your face.. ::

the_numbers

Archived