Multi Entry visa's "B" class

A while back I took a risk, and got a 1yr multi via a contact in los but the visa was issued in uk so obviously my passport went in and out. since then i have seen all sorts of horror stories on this board, and others, about handing your passport over this way. can anyone clue me in on the requirements for a 1yr multi and the best location to get another one here in uk or in thailand?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

themayorofpattaya, I can meet either of these requirements. do you have to leave the 3 mil in the account or can you transfer it out once you have the visa. what are the rules on the retirement visa, i have just turned 55yrs a few months back

I got a six-month multi-entry and the only letter that I put in with my passport was my own stationary stating my background and that I was researching business opportunities.

I thought it was standard to get 3-months so I didn't ask, but I found out later that I could have gotten a 1-year. This was in the US. Do it while in the UK. If you do it by one of the adjacent countries here in SE Asia, you will run into alot of flack.

<<burp>>

quote:

Originally posted by THAIHOME:

If you try to get a Type B in KL, they will require more then just a letter. They require proof that the company actually exists and does business, such has tax records registration, etc. They are very strict in countries close by.

Did the 1 year multiple entry B in KL last December. They were VERY strict. In fact I had to have some additional papers sent down -- they would not issue the visa without them even after intervention by someone with a connection in the consulate there! The stack of required papers is as thick as your arm...

A letter from a company in Thailand requesting a visa for you is the only way I know to get any sort of non-imm B visa.

You won't get the visa IN Thailand (unless you go the route you did before) but you can apply in Penang / Vientiane / Phnom Pen / Singapore / KL if you're doing a visa run.

You have to put the 3 million in a 1 year fixed deposit account. They got that angle covered.

If you're over 55 give that one a shot.

Last year I applied in UK for a 1 year multi businees visa through a company and they accepted a letter only but also required the company to fax them direct at the Embassy confirming my application.

In Penang I've had to produce the company registration and power of authority of the signee of the letter and that was only for a 3 month visa.

Just thought of something, you wrote, "since then i have seen all sorts of horror stories on this board" regarding handing your passport over to get these visas via "visa companies."

I've been on the lookout for these stories, and I haven't read one whit of a negative story. If anyone has one, I would like to know.

I am especially curious about the fact that the gov't closed down a few of those visa companies a few months ago (think it was also mentioned in Stickman's weekly). What happened to those passports in the companies' posession when the gov't walked in?

<<burp>>

> ...or an investors non imm if you put Baht 3 million in a Thai bank.

It's not as easy as you make it sound... In order to get this special one year visa, you must already have a 90 day non-immigrant visa before entering the country. After you arrive, you can extend the visa to one year after you show that you've transferred the money into Thailand.

This page seems to explain it all...

www.thaishanghai.com/english/3million.html

JGA

Archived