Multi Entry visa's "B" class

I have never had a problem getting a one year multi entry non immigrant B visa. I just put in an application in the USA, through a company that handles our visa and passport paperwork, requesting it and voila..out comes a new visa.

No letter no nothing.

Dan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by laxman1960:

I have never had a problem getting a one year multi entry non immigrant B visa. I just put in an application in the USA, through a company that handles our visa and passport paperwork, requesting it and voila..out comes a new visa.

No letter no nothing.

Dan

The interesting part is "through a company that handles our visa and passport paperwork"

I bet they do the letter and all visa paperwork, that's why you don't see any of it?

• 2 weeks later...

RETIREMENT VISA

Copied from Washington DC Royal Thai Embassy site

http://www.thaiembdc.org/consular/con_info/restpmit/rest_pm.html

....BUT...dated 1999. anyone know if there are any changes since then?

------

------

Foreign retired persons whose age are over 55 years old and bring in foreign currencies into Thailand for more than 800,000 baht may apply for non-immigrant visas for the period of one year stay in Thailand.

On 8th September 1998 the Cabinet has passed its resolution granting the authorities concerned to facilitate the issuance of visas to foreigners aged 55 years old or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom at least for the period of one year.

To set standard of the operating procedure on the issuance of this category of visa, the Consulate missions will pay attention to comply with the following conditions and procedure.

2.1 Qualification of an applicant

A foreign national whose age is 55 years or above.

Not being prohibited from entering the Kingdom under the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D 1979)

Having in possession of money amounting not less than 800,000 Baht or monthly income of 65,000 Baht or saving and annual income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht. The said amount must eventually be transferred to any bank in Thailand.

2.2 Required documents for visa application

A copy of visa application form completely filled out.

Two passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.

Photocopy of the applicant’s travel document with validity not less than 18 months.

Financial documents (copy) as stated in 2.1.

2.3 Channels to submit visa application

Applicants can submit their applications both at the Thai consular missions abroad and at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.

2.4 Procedure for consideration and issuance of visa

2.4.1 Consular missions aboard

Once the application form together with required documents submitted, the Consular officials are required to examine such documents to see that they are in good order and completed as stated in 2.2, then they must be mailed through the pouch to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

The Consular mission will be notified to issue visa to the individual applicant when the Office of the Immigration Bureau has given approval.

The Consular official must request for financial certifications that the applicant has already complied with financial obligations stated in 2.1. before granting the visa.

2.4.2 The Office of the Immigration Bureau (Address: Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration 1, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel. (662) 287-4948 (direct line) or (662) 287-3101-10 ext. 2236)

The following applicants may apply for the type of visa in the country:

Applicants undergoing Health Rehabilitation Program in hospitals or Health Centers. These organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.

Applicants who are spouses/parents/children of applicants above.

Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Office of the Immigration Bureau have applied for visa on their behalf. The above mentioned applicants must have qualifications stated in 2.1.

2.5 Duration of stay and extension

Permission to stay in the Kingdom will be granted for one year upon arrival in the Kingdom. Upon expiry date of such period, extension for one year at a time will be granted to this group of people as long as they meet the requirements as earlier stated.

(For more information, please contact the office of the Immigration Bureau Address : Section 1, Sub-Division 1, Immigration 1, Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel. 662 287-4948 (direct line) or 287-3101-10 ext. 2236)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Update : April 1999

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The Thai government has really tightened up on the rules for issuing 1 Year B Visa's. Now need a ream of documentation (unless BOI promoted). This includes letter, commercial registration, 2 year's tax returns for the host business and more.

These rules (including special rules for various job types...teaching, research, business, etc) are detailed on the L.A. Thai Consulate General's web site with a highlighted link from the splash page.

Hope this helps...

:-)web page

What is in writing is often different in practice.

Note the last time the pertinent page was updated was a few months ago and I personally know of several folks that have acquired B visas without filing all the paperwork mentioned in the meantime.

<<burp>>

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: gummigut ]

• 2 weeks later...

I've dealt with the Thai Embassy (Wash DC), Consulate Generals (Honolulu & LA).. The rules about Visas are set back in BKK.. However, what each individual office (and each person in each office) does can be very different.. I got a Non-Imm "B" visa from the LA Consualte.. 1-year, multi-entrance... All they wanted was a letter from my employer, United ----- Service and a recent bank statement.. two days later my passport is done.. I did the SAME thing at the Honolulu Consualte and it was MUCH harder.. wanted more documents.. even one that proved UPS exsisted as a company.. go figure that.. I did get the visa, but it took over a week..

--UPSer wink.gif" border="0

Just did the Non - Immigrant B Visa in Phnom Penh. Here are the actual documents REQUIRED (English direct copy from the form).

a. Recommendation letter from the company.

b. Copy of the company License.

c. An updated Shareholder Certificate which was issued by the Commercial Department and is valid less than 6 months from the date of issue.

d. A Value Added Tax document (Gaw Paw 20)

e. A Company Payment of Revenue Tax (Paw Ngaw Kor 50) (one year back date) - in my case I had one for each month.

f. A Commercial Tax (Paw Ngaw Kor 30) (one year back date) - I also had one for each month.

You need to fill out the application form twice.

Visa section is open 9:00 am - 12:00 Mon to Friday, excluding holidays (assume that this means both Thai and Cambodian holidays).

They DO NOT accept USD 100 bills, change can be make to the right of the embassy at a small shop with a 1,000 riel charge.

With a bit of good luck and the right flight schedule you can get the visa with only one night stay in PNH.

The above only applies for Non Immigrant B visas.

Archived