Cohabitation visa for Schengen

about apply from Sweden........it has been the possibility to do so many years but dont ask them just do it ;) if you ask them they will say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cant but of course you can, I got a friend who have done this 2 times last 10 years and I am doing it now, if you are from sweden and need to know the law about this matter, paragraph etc just pm me and I send you a copy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Tomme,

This sounds very interesting indeed for my current situation waiting for an 1year au pair work permit for my tgf.

But say we got declined for whatever reason the quick tourist visa is a nice 2nd resort especially if you now confirms a residence permit may be obtainable even outside marriage?

Tack sä mycket ;)

P.S. ohh BB schengen countries do have different policies as may be very apparent here no? But that don't have to stop anyone for applying the countru which seems most easy & then simply trannsit to the desired residence country...

ib13,

Schengen countries are different he ?

Imagine your GF's visa will be refused, and you will immediately apply for a tourist visa instead, that will be automatically refused as well, because suspiscions will be she will remain there to apply for the au-pair visa during her tourist visa.

Dont cry then as you have been warned here, but good luck anyway for trying.

BB

Hej ib13

here´s some info about the SE law....sorry non Swedes but it is in Swedish:

Enligt 2 kap. 4 § andra stycket i utlänningslagen (1989:529) får uppehållstillstånd ges till en utlänning som är gift med eller sambo till någon som är bosatt i Sverige eller har beviljats uppehållstillstånd för bosättning här, utan att makarna eller samborna stadigvarande sammanbott utomlands, om förhållandet framstår som seriöst och särskilda skäl inte talar mot att tillstånd ges. En utlänning som beviljas uppehållstillstånd med stöd av nämnda bestämmelser skall enligt 4 d § samma lagrum vid första beslutstillfället ges ett tidsbegränsat uppehållstillstånd.

Enligt 2 kap 5 § i utlänningslagen skall en utlänning som vill ha uppehållstillstånd i Sverige ha utvecklat ett sådant tillstånd före inresan i landet, en ansökan om uppehållstillstånd får inte bifallas efter inresan.

Enligt samma lags 2 kap. 5 § tredje stycket gäller detta dock inte om utlänningen har stark anknytning till en person som är bosatt i Sverige, och om det inte skäligen kan krävas att utlänningen återvänder till ett annat land för att ge in ansökan där.

so ib13 you can bring your gf here on a tourist visa and then apply for resident permit according to 2 kap. 5§ and if they say no you have the right to appeal :) and she must stay here while doing so.

timeschedule : tourist visa 3 month, apply for resident permit (do this last day of her tourist visa) 2-8 month if they say NO then appeal and that takes around 8 month.

and remember this is the law but the migrationverkets people will tell you all the time that this is not possible but if you press them alot they will admit it is correct ;)

hope this helps you and some other Swedes.

I can only write whats accurate for Norway here. You get a tourist visa for 3 months stay, you can apply for a family reunification one from Norway. But, you won't get it unless you marry during that period or enter partnership (for gays). The application is processed firstly by the police, doubtful cases go to the immigration department.

Its a loophole actually. The rules says you have to apply from abroad for family reunification. If your girl has any kids who arrive with her on a tourist visa, they will have to exit and apply from abroad.

How easy it is to get a tourist visa varies according to which country you come from. Its a piece of cake from Thailand. Tough from Viet Nam.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived