A Thai girl searching for her father

Cent said:

ik,

Surely you can understand why this isn't cool?

Cent

Of course I do, Cent.

But I was merely suggesting that she deserves the benefit of doubt, and if someone can help her in an appropriate way,it may be worth doing.

I wasn't opposed to name being removed, only wanted to not leave it at that.

I think there are probably quite a few people in LOS (and elsewhere) in her situation, and I understand their wish to make contact.

Considering they had no choice in the decision to be conceived, and never had the opportunity to have the benefit of having a father, I think those who are genuine deserve all the help they can get

Conversely, if I had unwittingly sired a child I didn't know about, I think I'd want to know, and have contact of some kind. In fact, although I would be shocked, I think I'd also be overjoyed.

I do agree of course that any such approach would have to be made carefully, and discreetly.

"Would you want someone to post your personal info here because some Thai girl claimed to someone on an internet Thai chat-board that you were her father? I don't think so."

If it was done decently, like this, no I wouldn't mind as I would want to know.

If it's done in the following manner: "I'm looking for my father. He got my mother pregnant while she worked at 'Lick My Butt' bar as a gogo girl blah blah blah. That's a different story.

<<burp>>

there are several UK name search web sites, as well as one I saw a while ago that is specifically to try to locate people (such like old class mates, or parents or kids lost - pretty much anyone really). You can leave messages as well as all the details you have there. Sorry cannot recall the name or web address off hand. Another way to start might just be a google or alta vista search on the full name - may pop up a few leads.

-j-

>>Conversely, if I had unwittingly sired a child I didn't know about, I think I'd want to know, and have contact of some kind<<

I have a friend in the US had contact with a child he'd sired eighteen years before. Actually he was contacted by a lawyer and sued (successfully) for eighteen years of child support.

ikkrang said:
Cent said:

ik,

Surely you can understand why this isn't cool?

Cent

Of course I do, Cent.

But I was merely suggesting that she deserves the benefit of doubt, and if someone can help her in an appropriate way,it may be worth doing.

I wasn't opposed to name being removed, only wanted to not leave it at that.

I think there are probably quite a few people in LOS (and elsewhere) in her situation, and I understand their wish to make contact.

Considering they had no choice in the decision to be conceived, and never had the opportunity to have the benefit of having a father, I think those who are genuine deserve all the help they can get

Conversely, if I had unwittingly sired a child I didn't know about, I think I'd want to know, and have contact of some kind. In fact, although I would be shocked, I think I'd also be overjoyed.

I do agree of course that any such approach would have to be made carefully, and discreetly.

Ikkrang,

Well said. Maybe KS can make a section, or put something in the faq regarding this sort of thing. So people would know how he'd like this done on the board, if he wants this done at all. Whatever is done though, needs to be done through him or the mods though.

I understand your concern for the woman's plight, and it is admirable.

Cent

Archived