Shorts

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

Hi Mykal,

If you absolutely need to wear shorts stay in Pattaya. It's the only place where I find it acceptable. (from hotel to beach to bar - up to you in which order)

It's irrespectful in most countries on this planet.

No reason at all why you should not wear pants in 90-90 weather, it protects you in the first place and it is comfortable.

Who are you to be telling people what they should wear?

Who are you to be telling people what's comfortable or not?

What are pants protecting you from? A TG putting her hands up your shorts and wanking you.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's irrespectful in most countries on this planet.

No reason at all why you should not wear pants in 90-90 weather, it protects you in the first place and it is comfortable.

I dont think I have read so much bullshit in all my life.

Either that or Australia,America,NewZealand,South Africa,

are not on this planet. If having stinky sweaty balls is comfortable then yes I would agree with the long pants crap.....

Ohh by the way dont take this as gosspil as I live on Mars and shorts are welcome... crazy.gif" border="0

"if you absolutely need to wear shorts stay in Pattaya. It's the only place where I find it acceptable."

Does this mean I have not been acceptable for the past 5 years???..damn!!..I used to go out with Thais all the time that wore short sleeve shirts!..and I have never had a problem interacting with professional Thais while wearing shorts!..

Bottom line..DO WHAT IS COMFORTABLE TO YOU!!

Hi TGreamer,

That was just my opinion and Mycal was aking people's opinios. Is something wrong with that?

I do go to nude beaches in the south of France, but will not walk in shorts in Paris. Don't think there are nude beaches in Thailand. (I would enjoi that though)

quote:

Originally posted by Tgreamer:

Who are you to be telling people what they should wear?

Who are you to be telling people what's comfortable or not?

What are pants protecting you from? A TG putting her hands up your shorts and wanking you.

Providing that your penis, testicles and buttocks are well hidden at all times, it doesn't make much difference what you wear.

During the night wearing long trousers has the advantage of keeping the mosquitoes off. They tend to go for your feet esp. so you could wear socks too.

From an aesthetic point of view if you look like most sanukers, then probably the more clothes you can bear to wear to better, but its really up to you...

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

Hi TGreamer,

That was just my opinion and Mycal was aking people's opinios. Is something wrong with that?

I do go to nude beaches in the south of France, but will not walk in shorts in Paris. Don't think there are nude beaches in Thailand. (I would enjoi that though)

[/QB]

Of course everybody is welcome to their opinons and no flame intended at all, just was responding to what I thought was a strongly phrased statement that I disagreed with.

My opinion is: dressing up in hot humid weather for prostitutes is ridiculous. But if that's what people want to do or need to do to look good , goody for them. If the Thai general public doesn't like it and think's I'm some stupid tourist, good for them (I make a hundred times more money than them, I have a much nicer wardrobe than them that I need to wear to my job, and I'm screwing their women for peanuts).

I don't think my wearing shorts has ever hindered my getting the girl(s) I was after.

There are defiantely places not to wear shorts in any big city, but out having fun in non-business & non-religious places are in my opinion ok to wear shorts, especially if I'm paying.

Well, this should be interesting.

I lived in Singapore for 2 years and wore shorts to most places (hot there). Will admit was turned away from the SAF NCO club once for not having long pants (We went to Orchard Tower at that point, so much for cruising for freebies).

Went to KL for a year, wore shorts everywhere (All this excludes work, where I have to were a tie, and long pants). Never had a problem or felt out of place.

Now living in an industrialized province outside of Bangkok for that last 6 months. Again, wear shorts everywhere (again, have to shirt and tie to work that, of course includes long pants).

Moving to BKK next week. By the so called expert expats on this board I am going to have were long pants all the time or appear to be a "(sex) tourist"? Bullshit. My Thai wife won't let me put on long pants after work. "Too hot for you, you crazy???"

Should mention this is all with sandals WITHOUT socks

Oh, by the way, just got back from a rather nice Thai Seafood restaurant (in the industrial province near Bangkok), I bet at least half the Thai men had shorts and sandals on (they also had the best looking women).

I think there is a certain amount of arrogance by the so-called ?seasoned? (love that one) expert expats on this board that has the short-time visitors intimated by their so-called expertise on Thai customs and culture.

Hey!

quote:

Besides, Thais usually regard the sight of hairy male legs as "na-gliet" (ugly), though they probably wouldn't tell you that.

I wear shorts all the time and I can assure you my hairy legs are quite su-ay!

Seriously, it isn't only tourists that wear shorts. I wear 'em because I sweat a lot and don't put on long pants until my g/f drags me to the disco. Also when I go to work.

Hi Thaihome

I wouldn't describe myself as arrogant and I'm certainly no expert. Careworn rather than seasoned after 5 years plus in the LOS!

I never offer expertise, only humble opinions, which others may choose to accept or reject.

I will agree that there are certain posters on the board who tend to respond in a rather 'superior' way but that's no reason for slamming people for offering advice when it's asked for.

Slam the opinions for sure, if you disagree with rhem, but don't slam the people offering them - just because your personal experience is different from theirs.

Not a flame - just a humble opinion. wink.gif" border="0

Cheers

Arai wa

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

So where did I slam people? I said "I think there is a certain amount of arrogance by the so-called ?seasoned? (love that one) expert expats on this board that has the short-time visitors intimated by their so-called expertise on Thai customs and culture. "

Which is certainly expressing an opinion, which you graciously said was allowable on this board.

Maybe I should have said ?In my opinion and experience, what you guys said about wearing shorts is a bunch of bullshit? ?

Archived