Poipet

itsmedave

I'd recommend getting the visa here in bangkok if you can - the embassy entrance is round the corner from AUA at BTS Rajdamri stop. Mind you, you'll have to queue there, then come back again next day to collect it...

Read on a website that you can get a visa there and then (yes, 1000B there or bangkok) but having seen the immigration place - hmmmm, should be entertaining anyway! Got stuck in queue to get stamp in to cambodia behind some damn backpackery tour groups, then the same trying to get stamped out of cambodia. arse.

after that, met up with the friends who'd come out for the trip and a drive, at a usual restaurant - it's close to the car park entrance. Has an office with signs advertising visa services etc - I.E maybe you could just hand your passport to them, sit and have a beer and some food, and let someone else queue up for you (for a "fee")...

ps take a pen! doh...

pps next time, i'll go see friends in hat yai / songkhla, should be less hassle

coops

Have you considered all the other visa renewal options ?? posted a reply on 'visa application question' thread in this category a while ago. Maybe something like that would be a better option for you ?? don't know your circumstances though.

Happy travelling.

Archived