Nationality of mixed children

• 4 weeks later...
check_bin_krap said:

For those of you who have mixed kids (Thai/farang for instance), which nationality do they have? Do you have 2 passports for them, or only one?

My kid doesn't have any nationality yet, but we want to have only the foreign one when we get it.

Cheers!

Just 3 days ago we got a Thai passport for our baby. It took 40 minutes at Bang Na City Central office. They took baby's fingerprints - of her toes. Don't bring any pictures - they make them on the spot, special ones for a "watermarked" pic in the passport.

One web site, somebody posted it somewhere on our board (thaiukfriendship or something) provides a link to Thai laws.

Incorrectly, it says that a marriage certificate is needed. No, it's not. I know, because we don't have one.

Will see what Oz says but I expect no problems. All documents are in place.

One suggestion, when you go to the Aus Embassy take way more than you think you need etc, Old Photos new photos love letters etc,

Also take the wife and kid, and make sure they talk to her then, dickheads tried to ask me for the DarLek to come back a 2nd time, boy did I loose it ! :)

Archived