Ba boar, ba boar?

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STH,

While "I-" or "E-" is certainly very rude and NOT recommended, "ba ba bo bo" is completely different and can also mean confused and not knowing what to do. I was talking to a thai girl (NOT BG) this evening on the phone whose "sister" is throwing her out of her appartment and she said it made her ba ba bo bo.

Not sure why she is being thrown out, she is paying her way and doing all the cleaning etc. She works in a straight massage place, definately NO special services, so struggling with money. Considering working in a hotel but money is poor there also, hence the ba ba bo bo.

By the way, the Thai Chiang Mai version of this is "fee baa"; does anyone know the Isaan equivalent?

Feebaa farang ::

[color:"red"] "fee baa"; [/color]

I think you meant "pea Ba", the pea is means a ghost. The Northern dialect "pea Ba" is used to call someone who is not considered to having everything upstairs, the same as "sung tung" which can mean stupid.

When I was little (growing up in the North) we used to call friends "pea Ba" with the same tone that we (in the USA) call friends "crazy". A writer (Mala Kamjan) from the North writes such words at all times in his novels, and articles, he called his closed friends such.

Don't know Isaan word for it, I am sure is "Bak ....Something.

Jasmine

jasmine said:

[color:"red"] I (eye) ba....to a guy

E...ba to a lady

[/color]

I agree with KS here, these sentences are VERY rude.

Jasmine

Yes it's rude and a typical bar beer slang!

So, and from which part of Siam most bar ladies comes from? :cover:

• 1 year later...

I really upset a girl once saying that to her, even though I was joking. She said I was Ba and I told her she was ba ba boar baor... and it pissed her off.

Mentors said:
jasmine said:

[color:"red"] I (eye) ba....to a guy

E...ba to a lady

[/color]

I agree with KS here, these sentences are VERY rude.

Jasmine

Yes it's rude and a typical bar beer slang!

So, and from which part of Siam most bar ladies comes from? :cover:

Actually, I think it to be typical teenage slang. My teenage daughters use E... with their friends all the time, in a joking kind of way of course (and when they think I am not in earshot). And they are all upper middle class city girls all the way, never having set foot in Issarn or the bar scene. It is the same theory IMHO as American "hip hop culture" blacks calling each other "nigga".

But I certainly would not use that word under any circumstances.

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

Simple people, you mean 90% of Thai population?

Please define the word "simple" in an enough simple languge for me?

I feel that learning a language ones must learn the polite way first then learn other context so to understand the nuances of it.

I am relearning French after not having used it for 30 something years and I have empathy for anyone who learns a new language. ::

Jasmine

Archived