Champions League 2004/2005

ultras67

Sayjann,

"but i thought players were only replaced automatically if they were injured not because they just don't play."

They will be replaced if they don't play a single second, regardless the cause IF you have a sub that did get minutes of course otherwise they remain scoreless in the team.

CBK,

Yeah I'll probably get the 4-point bitch slapp deduction later. :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard, again:

GERRARD HIT BY INJURY BLOW

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard hobbled out of Old Trafford on Monday and could miss England's World Cup qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Wales next month with what is feared to be a broken metatarsal bone.

He admitted that he would be "devastated" if the initial prognosis by Liverpool's medical team proves accurate.

When David Beckham suffered a similar injury eight weeks prior to the 2002 World Cup, it put his participation in doubt.

And although Beckham made a rapid return to action, the England skipper was lacking fitness for the Japan and South Korea co-hosted tournament.

Gerrard was substituted towards the end of the first half in Liverpool's 2-1 defeat by Manchester United, in which Mikael Silvestre headed both the home side's goal, with Liverpool replying through a John O'Shea own goal.

"Xabi Alonso passed me the ball and I went to turn and I felt a crack in my foot," he told Sky Sports 1.

"I'm not really sure the damage I've done and I'll find out on Tuesday."

Should it prove to be a metatarsal injury, then Liverpool might expect to be without Gerrard until November.

"That'll be disappointing if that is the case. I'll remain positive but if that is the case I'll be devastated," he added.

England face Wales on October 9 and Azerbaijan four days later.

Gerrard, who watched the remainder of tonight's match on a monitor in the treatment room, was upset that his side had succumbed to their great rivals.

"Watching the game on TV we were a bit better in the second half," he said.

"To concede two goals from set-pieces was disappointing because we've been working on it. I'm sure the manager won't be happy. We'll work on it and try and put it right."

Gerrard believes Rafael Benitez will be able to put Liverpool back on track in the near future.

"Our last two performances have been very good," added Gerrard.

"Manchester United have played very well tonight. We can't be too down and we'll have to bounce back at the weekend."

• 2 weeks later...

:grinyes:

i always pick a MU striker,but with Smith i only one availabel i passed this time.

waiting for RVN to come back,but too expensive for me now.

i didn't put Rooney into the Team because of his 3 Goals,but because i could afford him.

of course the rotation system will come into effect at MU,but i think Rooney will play more than miss and will get chances.

took out Larsson as Barcalona have surprised me.

i thought he would be a Sub in most League Games but would play in the CL to give the regular strikers a rest.

but has not happened so far and you can guarantee he will become a regular now and score hatfuls of Goals..... :nono:

Rooney is a tough call, both in Champ league and in Premier. Ferguson says he will protect him, but the guy is on fire. I don't think he needs a rest now :D

Just bought him in Premier league game. But, he seems to thrieve in Europe (in summer also) , not so much as home.. Maybe he needs some time one bench to teach him that each game counts. Many questions???

Whats your opinion Sayjann? Personally I think- convert Smith to the new Roy Keane :D He has a work rate which is great, played a lot in MF and at least should be behind strikers.

the trouble with any MU Striker is that they are all a risk.

as i said the rotation system will come into effect every game i think when all are fit.

i don't think anyone of them will play 30 PL Games this Season,but all are pretty good at scoring when they play and that is an asset.

i think Saha will be the one to miss out the most.

but i don't know how things will work in the CL.

Smith groomed to replace Keane?

don't know about that,Keane has played in that position since he was 10 Years old and to try and get Smith to replace him would be an impossibility i think.

Smith can certainly play in Midfield and out Wide to an extent,but just behind the Striker is his best position IMO.

Smith and Saha must have cried into their cornflakes when Rooney joined.

but at least they can sit on the bench and mentally count their weekly wages......

I agree with what you say about Smith. This guy should play behind the strikers as Scholes used to do and I think Saha could as well. The keane role is not for him. That part should be (as I said last year) for Bayern's Michael Ballack. Just pay up the price, it'd really complete the team. With Giggs and Ronaldo on the wings they could beat any team. Lots of possibilities and I'm sure Ferguson is enjoying his luxury problem right now.

I would definitely play a 4-4-2 with this squad. RVN and Rooney up front with either Smith or Saha behind them. And then simply rotate to give everybody the needed rest.

Looking forward to the Man U - Boro match and see if the show versus Fenerbahce was(n't) an incident.

BTW, regarding Chelsea - Porto...before the match started there was a "minor" incident as you may have heard or read.

A so called Porto fan tried to spit on Mourinho for whatever reason. I guess we all know why, but fact is that Mourinho 'gave' Porto two national titles, a UEFA cup and CL winners. The "fan" should show some gratitude and kiss Jose's fucking feet. What is it with those people??????

I don't get it with those fans nowadays. You see it everywhere. One day you're loved and they other day hated..by the SAME PEOPLE! FUCKING HYPOCRICATAL BASTARDS :down: Pisses me off.

Archived