Champions League 2004/2005

ultras67

Sport will always attract a percentage of mindless morons. They have no concept of sporting behaviour. They gloat at the opposition when they win, and get nasty when they lose.

When Henrik Larsson returned to Parkhead with Barca, some of the Celtic "supporters" chanted "Bobo is going to get you".

::

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw the incident live on the TV and he caught Mourhino in the face.

he wiped his face,shook his head and sat down to compose himself.

other Fans were shaking his hand and applauding him.

the culprit was thrown out of the Ground.

if Ranieri ever return to Chelsea i'm sure he will get a rousing reception.

it is the same with Players returning to previous Clubs.

some are welome,some are not.

many leave on acrimonious terms and are hated by the Fans.

Paul Ince was a prime example,he angered the West Ham Fans by being Photographed in a MU shirt while still a WH Player and then he angered the MU Fans by calling them 'a bunch of tossers'.

I look for Smith to fill the OGS role for the Red Devils, a guy who can play more than one position that you can bring off the bench or spot start to rest your first team regulars. Rotating four strikers didn't hurt Utd in 99 when they won the treble with Cole, Yorke, OGS, and Sheringham. As for the midfielder position, Utd should go after Duff, Van der vart, or Ballack. I also heard if Carroll doesn't fill the void at keeper, they will go after Cudicini during the January transfer window. ::

I like Ballacks play with the German team better than with Bayern. At Bayern, they make him cover too much ground defensively, thus, limiting his effectiveness, instead of letting him get some runs behind the strikers like with the German national team. People saw how deadly he can be during the 2002 World Cup, especially the US team. Like David Beckham in England, he is loved by the women in Germany and makes a lot of money from endorsements.

Smith is no OGS. Smith has bite, energy - but not what OGS has in front of goal.

OGS is a whimp compared to Smudger. Smudger should certainly not be used wide, as OGS has been. Pace is not his weapon. I stand by what I wrote, would be interesting to see Smith in a pure MF role. He was played mostly in MF by Leeds during his last period.

Cheers!

If he doesn't play regulary - he is off in 1 yrs time :D

If Man. U. can't find another role than striker or he doesn't get that, he won't stay. And despite Sayjann's talk, he is behind RVN and Rooney. Saha scores more also...

This guy won't accept bench too long time, thats for sure. I don't know what Fergie did in this matter. It all seemed crazy to me. Smith has not got a scoring record to brag off, if he bought him as a pure striker, it has to rank as a huge mistake.

Cheers!

Word is Scott Parker is not happy at Chelsea and may try to go back to Charlton. He may be a good fit for Man Utd. A playmaking center mid who can defend or score and has the toughness Fergie likes in a player. Ballack is a good fit as well, as was suggested. They desperately need a long term replacement for Giggs and Duff seems to be a good fit. But not sure if Chelsea would sell to a rival. Duff would have to have reduced minutes and demand a transfer for that to happen. Mourinho has to keep both Duff and Robben happy for the same position.

Strangely, Chelsea looks like a sleeper fave for the CL. Real Madrid aren't looking like they could even get out of their group. Milan are playing very badly and struggling with clubs they should be beating handily...even at home. Rosenborg has reduced our outlook to many, Valencia has lost and Barca has to gel. Stranger things have happened. Being a gooner I hope to God it doesn't happen for Chelsea.

Archived