Thinning Hair (Not Pattern Baldness)

Savittre

Hi Everybody,

Yes, I read the next post down. It talks about pattern baldness, which is not my situation. I'm in my mid-forties, and my hairline is receding plus which my hair is losing volume, it's getting quite thin, but there's still time to do something about it! That's why I need your advice!

I just would like to hear from anyone who shares my situation and found a product that successfully dealt with it. Word of mouth is better than any advertising pitch, IMO! That's it. Thanks!!! :)

I started losing my hair in junior high schooll, shortly after I got my first piece of ass...think there is a connection?

As for treatment of thinning hair, Propecia, and Minoxidol supposedly do o.k. your resluts may very see your doctor etc...Also here in the states (which means it was available in Europe for years) is something called a cool laser treatment, the laser is used to restimulate hair groth, open up blocked folickles...

for my level/type odf baldness, only grafts will work. Did read that in a few years, they think they will be able to duplicate hair cells in a dish, then inject them into the scalp...I am waiting... :) Saw the world's leading authority on hair grafts a few years back in Beverly Hills...cost was $45,000 then! As I understand it now, the Bosley method is considered the best...I went for a consultation on this, saw the sales guy, and immediately knew he had had it done...something never really quite looks right...who cares, blame it on the barber...

Solution to balding:

Whatever you have left on your head should be kept neat. Visit a barber regularly and have the neck cleaned up [or learn to do it yourself].

Attempting to stop hair loss is futile.

Attempting to cover it up is ridiculous.

just be yourself and if you keep it neat nobody really cares....

Like OH, I faced pattern baldness early on in life. Tried lotions & other options (including hairpieces), but wasn't comfortable or particularly successful with any.

Finally I just decided enough was enough, and shaved off what I did have left.

Wow - wish I'd done it 10 years earlier!!! :D

In my experience, most (but not all) women really do like the 'shaved head' effect - as long as you don't have any really ugly bumps, indentations, wrinkles, etc on your head. My luck with the ladies improved about 1000% after I started shaving my head (maybe I shouldn't be sharing my secret....).

The first thing many told me was that they couldn't tell how old I was. Some women told me I looked 10 years younger with a shaved head. Others who never showed even the slightest interest in me before, started flirting and making suggestive hints to me!

While my hair was thinning, I always looked older than I actually was. With a shaved head, they can't tell, and you never have to worry about a receding hairline or greying...

Archived