Bread maker

khunsanuk

Hi,

Seeing that most of the bread one can buy in Thailand sucks, I bought a bread maker a week ago. First attempt was a disaster :), it was edible but didn't look like bread.

Second and third attempt produced really nice bread though.

And of course there's the smell of freshly baked bread .....

Most definitely a good investment.

Sanuk!

I have been thinking along the same line (inedible bread here and I need bread for breakfast)

Where can you buy a bread machine?

And the flour and what else do ya need?

No way they will have this in Chumpon.....

I have too much to carry to LOS already...

Hi,

"Where can you buy a bread machine?

We bought ours at Verasu (I know of 2 branches, one on Ladprao and one on Witthayu/Wireless) for slightly less than 4,000 Baht; they were on sale.

Flour and yiest (sp?) you can buy in most supermarkets; besides that it is just water, milk, eggs, salt, etc. nothing fancy.

Sanuk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi KS,

Just got back from a visit to Holland and contmplated getting one myself, but decided against it.

Now that they're available in BKK, I may change my mind again.

No problems with ants in your place? That was one of my concerns.

I do not have a bread problem in Samui, some excellent bread is being made here. Same quality and standard as in Europe, just not too much variation in choices.

What is this Verasu shop like and what do the machines go for when not on sale?

Are they programmable?

Hi,

"No problems with ants in your place? That was one of my concerns."

Lots of ants, but they don't seem to touch the bread.

"I do not have a bread problem in Samui, some excellent bread is being made here. Same quality and standard as in Europe, just not too much variation in choices."

I wish :(

"What is this Verasu shop like and what do the machines go for when not on sale?"

Verasu is a shop for (mainly) kitchen electronics and tools. We paid 4,000 Baht for the breadmaker (it was on sale).

"Are they programmable?"

Ours isn't. You just stick in the ingredients and press the correct menu button. Rest is automatic.

Sanuk!

I had a bread machine but did not enjoy it - so I stopped using it. Before the bread machine, I used to make my own bread - the real fun is in making up your own recipes and adding different ingredients. One time I made my own flours and tried to see how many different flours I could come up with in the bread. I think I was able to grind something like 10 different flours or more. The taste can be almost unbelievble - but then - if you can't make simple bread - you might have created fodder for the garbage can.

Hi KS,

I happened upon a very fancy one, but was without directions. :: I've never used, because of that fact.

Anyone has any good recipes??? I'd love to have. :)

HT

coss said:

I seem to remember that you are of a somewhat slim build, well you won't be soon now you have the breadmaker.

:) :) :)

Cheers

Coss

Why would bread be fattening? It's for farangs what rice is for Asians. Carbo and fibro.

Fat makes you fat, bread has almost none of it. A kilo of bread would have 5g of fat, you need 64g per day to stay the way you are. It's what you put on it - butter, margarine, salami...that gets you. One BigMac set would have 52g of fat, just that one meal.

One I had in my previous life was 7K baht and was good, very good. Programmable, wakes you up with that wonderful smell. Could do 30 different types of bread, Italian, French, Portugese, Greek, toast, sour dough, loaf...anything.

Archived