Best Multi-liners

Zaad

This one gets my optical waterworks going too: from Goodwill Hunting. Sean (Robin Williams) the psychiatrist has been trying to get through to Will (Matt Damon) the savant hoodlum for ages, but Will just puts up walls and gives Sean smart-assed replies. Then, finally, this...

INTERIOR. SEAN'S OFFICE -- DAY

SEAN

(after a pause)

My dad used to make us walk down to the park and collect the sticks he was going to beat us with. Actually the worst of the beatings were between me and my brother. We would practice on each other trying to find sticks that would break.

WILL

He used to just put a belt, a stick and a wrench on the kitchen table and say "choose."

SEAN

Gotta go with the belt there...

WILL

I used to go with the wrench.

SEAN

The wrench, why?

WILL

Cause fuck him, that's why.

A long quiet moment.

WILL (cont'd)

Is that why me and Skylar broke up?

SEAN

I didn't know you had. Do you want to talk about that?

(pause)

I don't know a lot, Will. But let me tell you one thing. All this history, this shit...

(indicates Will's file)

Look here, son.

Will, who had been looking away, looks at Sean.

SEAN (cont'd)

This is not your fault.

WILL

(nonchalant)

Oh, I know.

SEAN

It's not your fault.

WILL

(smiles)

I know.

SEAN

It's not your fault.

WILL

I know.

SEAN

It's not your fault.

WILL

(dead serious)

I know.

SEAN

It's not your fault.

WILL

Don't fuck with me.

SEAN

(comes around desk, sits in front of Will)

It's not your fault.

WILL

(tears start)

I know.

SEAN

It's not...

WILL

(crying hard)

I know, I know...

Sean takes Will in his arms and holds him like a child. Will sobs like a baby. After a moment, he wraps his arms around Sean and holds him, even tighter. We pull back from this image.

jack :hug:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I think I could benefit from some good therapy like that, cause it really isn't my fault...

One line I like, Boggie and Bacal I think, maybe Key Largo or Casablanca? Boggiesays:' "...look what chance to 2 crazy kids like us have, we don't mean a hill of beans in this crazy mixed up world..."

What movie is that? love that line, might use it on Si Saket girl next time...

Clint: "Is this Recon Platoon?"

Marine "No hablo ingles"

Clint enters barracks and sees all he hates, sloppy Marines...

Throws radio, smashes pool cue...

Clint: "I'm master Gunnery Sgt. Tom T. Highway, and let's get this straight, I drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quif than all you sorry assholes put together, and I don't feel like getting my ass shot off in a hot LZ because you don't habla, comprende?"

Marine snaps to attention : "AYE AYE GUNNY!

Old Hippie,

I don't know a lot, OH. But let me tell you one thing. All this history, the self-deception, the chronic alcoholism, the falling off the wagon, the money spent on sick buffaloes, the trips to the STD clinic, the sleepless nights, the insecurity complex, the empty bank account, the tears on the toilet, the panic attacks, the blackouts, the failed relationships with prostitutes, the failed relationships with regular women, the silent telephone, the blank diary, all this shit...

(indicates Old Hippie's receding hairline and portly midriff)

Listen man... This is not your fault. It is not your fault. It's not your fault.

jack :hug:

Thanks Jack, now about that hug... :) Seriously, today was a rough day with out booze...one of the roughest yet...almost went off the wagon...almost...but then I took one look at you, and the other guys, what we'd been through, and I knew, it wasn't any of our faults, it wasn't...nothing we could do about it, the inevitable, but it wasn't our fault...

We need to write a screen play, a lot of good stories here...

Pirates of the Carabean...

a drunken J Depp isd awaken by a load explosion

JD: "what, why did you destroy the rum?

Lady: " That rum is a demon drink, it turns good men into scoundrels and good women into tramps, it makes liars and theives and ruins all who touch it..."

JD: "yes, but why did you destroy the rum...?

Aslo through out the movie, women are walking up and slapping him in the face, and he says "I didn't deserve that..." Finally at the end, a woman slaps him, and he says "...well, now I did deserve that one..."

OH,

I'm on the wagon too at the moment, believe it or not. :o Have been for over 2 months. :doah: Due to job- and relationship-related depression, I tanned in the booze a little too hard (okay, okay, a lot too hard) during the spring and thought I'd better give the liver a rest, show the bottle who's boss. ::

It's a tough one, boy it's a toughie. :( I'm okay when I'm occupied but, as soon as I'm home on my own trying to come to terms with an overwhelming sense of my own inadequacy, weeping gently over unfocused guilt pangs, :: staring into space or at some soporific shite on the TV, the desire to reach for the bottle is almost overwhelming. Almost. :nono:

In short, I know where you're coming from. I hear you knocking, and you're coming in. Stick with it. :hug:

jack :up:

Jack,

I feel your pain big time...Job, life past present and future, And let's not even get into Si Saket girl, all have me pretty well fucked up. Went out to the Lao bar here tonight, pounded 3 Heinikens, and a plate of Somtom, blowing 3+ months of no booze, hey, no sense botyhof us suffering right? Will get back on tomoroow, starting right now I guess, god there were some babes in that club! Now home alone, god I feel so lonely and depressed...guess I'll call someone in Thailand...

Vincent: Want some bacon?

Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent: Are you Jewish?

Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own faeces.

Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' motherfuckin' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

:)

Archived