Ranong Visa Run - easy?

Hi Guys,

I'm on a 1 year non-immigrant "O" Visa and need to do a border run fairly shortly. Does anyone have experience with the whole visa/re-entry thing at Ranong? Do I need to get a Burma visa from Bangkok first or do I just head down there, get the boat across (to Victoria Pt., I think) and get a stamp, plain and simple? I think I read somewhere that it's an overnight thing. If that is the case, where do you stay?

I'm only considering Ranong because I want to incorporate it in with a trip down to Krabi or Samui.

Any assistance here is much appreciated.

Thanks,

There were some posts on this not to long ago. I think the question was whether this is an official entry point. I am not certain, But I think only certain points you can enter with out a Mynmar visa. I know certain points are for a "daytime" entry only, and you have to leave before a certain time. Unless this has now changed. I know some guys were planning a December run to Poi Pet for a visa run. a one day round trip, and you won't need a visa prior to arrival in Cambodia. Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

Archived