USA dual-citizenship....

This question seems like the biggest mystery to find the answer to. Any info that is confirmed is GREATLY appriciated.

* Is there any countries that, as a US citizen, you can obtain citizenship in that country? IE: Dual citizenship for someone born in the USA? If so, what countries and links/info on how to go about it. Is there an 'easy' country to get citizenship in?

Thanks heaps...

late.

Belize. Been years since I looked at it, but if you pay $??? amount of dollars you become a citizen. You may need to spend time there to maintain your new passport. If you ran a search with "Belize offshore citizenship" you'll see an endless number of sites talking/promoting it, tho only a few entities are licensed by Belize to sell directly to investors.

If you are of Irish descent (I think you have to have a grandparent or parent born there) you can obtain Irish citizenship and a passport while retaining US citizenship.

Khun Pad Thai

KhunPadThai said:

If you are of Irish descent (I think you have to have a grandparent or parent born there) you can obtain Irish citizenship and a passport while retaining US citizenship.

Khun Pad Thai

TRUE! I have Irish citizenship (as well as US) as a result of a grandparent who was born in Ireland. If one of your parents was born in Ireland, then you are automatically an Irish citizen and can get a passport.

If your grandparent was born in Ireland, you have to provide documentation to support your claim of citizenship, after which you can get the passport. Of course in both cases, you have to provide papers (birth, marriage, etc) to prove your lineage. Cost was about $300 USD in fees to Irish govt for citizenship and passport a few years ago.

If you google "Dual citizenship", you will get about 200,000 items to review.

The US says that you should use your US passport when you enter/leave the US and can use any passport you wish outside of US. The only restriction I can think of is that they place on dual cit. is that they "ask" you not to vote in the other countries elections.

The replies to this post make me glad there are a helpful group of blokes on this board.

Thanks heaps for the information.

BTW, not irish at all, but do enjoy a few pints here and there. lol

Any more info is appriciated and welcome on this subject.

THANKS HEAPS!

late.

Archived