Is cheating justifiable?

Zaad

MM,

"what I find interesting is that none of the husbands seem to have a clue what their princesses may be doing."

You mean bfs?

Maybe they don't want to have a clue if their relationship is purely based on sex. I don't blame them.

JJ,

"Is cheating justifiable? Depends on the scenario. I will cheat in a heart beat if that is what I want to do. "

Yes, and I think it also depends on how seriously both partners take the current relationship. IMO serious relationships are based on lots of things including love. I don't think one can speak of cheating when a relationship is based on sex only. That's basically what cheating is about. A man who loves his woman deeply and doesn't wish to cause her any pain whatsoever will definitely need more than a few seconds to make such a decision, imho.

You say you can cheat in a heart beat. I conclude that you're not hesitant at all to do such thing and your decision is taken within a second, like ordering pizza. :)

It seems to me that you don't take your relationship that seriously (sorry, no offense JJ) and in that case one can never speak of cheating.

Well, not in my bible at least.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH:

Didn't think it cheating (still don't) as I wasn't getting any at home, so how could it be?

-----------------------------------

Maybe for some, it's better they don't get married, so no need to complain about not getting any. One has to see what is their history at being married, and if the "not getting any" is recurring in all marriages, well, it's not our business to know why, but why bother? :)

In your practical case, would you still get married, with already the intention to "get some" elsewhere, if sex is becoming rare? I feel almost you don't do it as a reaction to paucity of sex, afterwards, but as a gameplan, a plan B well oiled, beforehand. Sorry for getting nosy!

Cheating, in respect to how it is being used on this post, seems to be carrying distorted Christian views

---------------------------

You have not met my TGF!!!! No waxing philosophical orientalism is going to help, i tell you.....

Very simply, Tgs do not take kindly to know you've been out (even if they did it too. jealousy is a fucking neurosis), and they're no christians!

maybe it's cheating or not when they don't know, but when they know, hide that bible, it can really hurt, thrown the right way! :D. Uh, I meant :(......

Still a Christian concept - cheating. With Thais, they suspect you have been with another woman it is called "YOU BEEN FUCKING ANOTHER WOMAN" which is different then beating around the bush type expressions such as the word cheating carries.

From what I see in most of these post, if you are not 'faithful' in your marriage, then you should not have gotten married. This is pure bull. I know several couples who are in the swinging scene. They are content with where their marriages are but still the fruits from 'both worlds'.

Instead of the post reading "Is cheating justifiable' maybe it should read 'Is sinning justifiable?"

beating around the bush

----------------------------

If I may say, you are the one doing that, overloading the word with concepts no one but you brought about. Your right to think that the members are stuck with morals belonging to judeo-christian brainwashing, ny right to think it is a lot more simple than that, and very understandable as its 2 syllabes are uttered. It does include fucking with another woman, IMO :).

if you are not 'faithful' in your marriage, then you should not have gotten married.

------------------------------------

i think more than anything, we have tried to speak of it at a personal level without too much telling others what they should do, or at least asking them about it?

and if you are not gonna get any, should one get married? Maybe yes, maybe not. waddaya think?

Is cheating justifiable?

Justifiable to who? Yourself, or your partner?

Sure you can have somewhat unorthodox relationships where you both agree to have sex with other people, and have an agreement about that. Good on you. But then it would not be cheating, would it? It would simply be a relationship based on you both fucking around with other partners. It's not cheating, if you both agree to do so.

Cheating, at least in my mind, comes from deceiving your partner. You both have an agreement, and cheating would be reneging on that agreement. Why enter into an exclusive relationship with someone, only to have other ongoing relationships? What's the point? Wanna fuck around ?, then fine. Why drag some unsuspecting soul wanting a managomous relationship into it, when you cannot live up to the bargain?

If you can't be honest in a relationship, then why bother having one at all?

HT

Guest lazyphil

<<If you can't be honest in a relationship, then why bother having one at all?>>

Exactly. If however the couple have an agreement, i.e. he can get extras and if she wants she can get a good pounding from a ten inch stud if she so desired then no problem.

What is this?

You have got to be kidding... cheating this cheating that... lurking in the shadows and sneaking into the bedroom...

I am the SHOGUN, and what i say is the law... my wives know this... all women know this... what is it you think you owe your woman? you pay them enough to be your wife no? whats all this cryin and gnashing of teeth about?

Why enter into an exclusive relationship with someone, only to have other ongoing relationships? What's the point? Wanna fuck around ?, then fine. Why drag some unsuspecting soul wanting a managomous relationship into it, when you cannot live up to the bargain?

If you can't be honest in a relationship, then why bother having one at all?

Of course, HT, but THE problem is after years /decades. It may very well start off perfectly the way you want it to be but you can't guess what will happen further down the road. If sex is no more part of the game then you have a minor problem. It'll promote to mayor problem once the woman shows no form of co-operation.

Then cheating may seem as the (your) final solution...and in THAT case..is it justifiable? I think it is.

Yes, and I think it also depends on how seriously both partners take the current relationship. IMO serious relationships are based on lots of things including love. I don't think one can speak of cheating when a relationship is based on sex only. That's basically what cheating is about. A man who loves his woman deeply and doesn't wish to cause her any pain whatsoever will definitely need more than a few seconds to make such a decision, imho.

Your rationales sounds more like a qualifying justification. Cheating is cheating, no pussyfooting about it. You cheat on your significant other whether it be love with another or sex it is still cheating. Your time qualifyer is really silly. Whether you take 5 seconds to decide to cheat or 5 years the bottom line is that you still cheat and your doing it for a reason. I personally don't need to agonize over making a decision such as that. I do what I want to do when I want to di it in the regards of cheating.

You say you can cheat in a heart beat. I conclude that you're not hesitant at all to do such thing and your decision is taken within a second, like ordering pizza. :)

It seems to me that you don't take your relationship that seriously (sorry, no offense JJ) and in that case one can never speak of cheating.

Well, not in my bible at least.

Sorry but I don't understand the rationale of your qualifyer. So if one takes 1 minute to make a decision to cheat then he is not as serious as one who takes 5 days to reach that decision and te one who takes 5 days is not as serious as one who takes 5 weeks? Where do you determine who is serious and who is not? I would fathom that it has more to do with the person's INDESICIVENESS and not truly understanding what they want or they are fooling themselves about what they want more so than the fact of if they take a relationship seriously or not.

Sorry Zaad I don't need weeks to figure out if i want to bang a chick who is not my wife or girlfriend and the resulting consequences/ramifications of my actions. I am either going to do it or not do it. I know myself pretty well and I have a pretty solid risk/reward compass.

Guest lazyphil

Cheating is wrong and not justifiable. If need extras just be open with each other or just quit because whats the point of being together, plus you're both aware of risk of giving each other killers like Hep, Syphillis and AIDS.

Archived