Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

Hahaha CBK, the first year I didn't give it attention. I did last season and finished top half..I think. I know I did much better. I should have been given the 'most improved player' award.

I really can't choose too many players from rival clubs, especially MUFC. I get physically sick whenever that mouse moves near RVN. I picked Dafoe which is a huge concession. I didn't know Pires wasn't starting and got lucky when he came on scored.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chocolat steve said:

Hahaha CBK, the first year I didn't give it attention. I did last season and finished top half..I think. I know I did much better. I should have been given the 'most improved player' award.

I really can't choose too many players from rival clubs, especially MUFC. I get physically sick whenever that mouse moves near RVN. I picked Dafoe which is a huge concession. I didn't know Pires wasn't starting and got lucky when he came on scored.

I do not blame you first season, cor blimey - you didn't even understand transfer stuff first... When you did, was about 20 transfers every round. But last one... humm.. Did not change players or bother after a certain point at all :neener:

Am I wrong? Prove that this season!

(Yes, I am bad - comes from Leeds United being in a division lower :( )

Cheers!

(spiteful and bitter CBK)

I went about this thing all wrong. I chose a nucleus of Henry, Lampard, Terry, and Howard and filled out the rest of my team with players to keep my team under 100 mil. Vassell is a solid striker to partner with Henry, and the 12 pts he got this first weekend was a pleasant surprise. CS is loaded with strikers and midfielders(How did you get all those guys under the cap?). I'm going to go out on a limb and predict he'll win this thing. That was an act of genius getting Henry, Reyes, and Dafoe as your strikers and Gerrard, Pires, Lampard, and even Wright-Phillips as your midfielders. Plus, you've got Terry on the back line. Your team is loaded! :beer:

yes i also noticed Steve is in the prize League and not the one for us poor folk.

when he made his comment about beating me i thought that it would be difficult if we are not competing in the same League.

problem is if he joined now he would be a week behind us and many points behind.

could anyone catch up after a week?.

Off topic slightly - Woodgate off to Real Madrid! Wasn't it you, check_bin_krap, who was insisting throughout Euro2004 that England were crap because they had crap players? Following Beckham and Owen, there will be 3 Englishman playing for the world's "greatest club" (and Woodgate's not even in the England first 11 usually)! So what are Real Madrid doing buying all this "crap"?::

(And don't tell me that buying Woodgate would attract Asians! :))

Lets see what RM manage before we praise their choices. Becks didn't set them alight.

Got to say that Owen was impressive for England last night. I do not understand Woody transfer, other than he is not happy at Newcastle. He has been out so much for them though, maybe Bobby knows something?

I have to close by adding that I was unbalanced (and wrong)at Euro 2004 in our arguements, and I do owe you an apology. There is a lot of quality among English players. I agree that RM would not have bought these guys if not!

Cheers and sorry Bibblies.

"problem is if he joined now he would be a week behind us and many points behind.

could anyone catch up after a week?. "

No, not true! You can join a league at any time! You get the points YOUR team has gotten though all season!

Sure - if a newcomer joins last week of season - will get banned by league admin. Thats why we have them!

Cheers!

check_bin_krap said:You can join a league at any time! You get the points YOUR team has gotten though all season!

I can verify that. I fucked up: registered for the Prize leagueand forgot to join the regular job till 2 days after the deadline for week 1. Still got my (paltry 47 :() points for week 1 games, though. Was a nice surprise, because I too was under the impression that if you joined up late you couldn't get "back-dated" points. :)

jack :help:

I inadvertantly joined the prize league instead of the free one. I made the necessary adjustment. My bad. Getting Woodgate along with the other Englishmen is about superseding Man U as the most recognized football club in the world and selling more kits in markets they want to penetrate like Asia.

Archived