Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

limbo said:

Racha, you almost got Bibblies, great comeback!!

Yeah, I noticed that. I knew I should have made Robben captain. It was between him and Lampard. Feeling said Robben but stats said Frank...

Anyone else having the same problem as me? Namely that there's hardly a reliable player outside Chelsea at the moment!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

I just wanted to stop in here to introduce myself. Belem told me about your league so I joined in but not until half way through the season.

To say that I am a Newbie is a gross understatement. At the beginning of the season I hadn't seen an entire game from start to finish unless you count the games I watch with my 7 year old son out on the field. Hell, I thought that one fella's name was Hen-rey, I didn't know till after 3 weeks that he was On-ray... go figure.

Anyway, this season has been a learning experience.

I started the year with a starting team of:

Van de Sar

Dodd

Melberg

Upson

Hreidars-son

Barry

Holland

Nolan

Campo

Forsell

Shearer

God only knows what that team would have scored for me this past week.....

But I've learned a lot and this was the best week I've had so far this year. In spite of leaving Huckerby on the bench.

I scored 76 with my current team:

Kiraly

Terry

Riise

Downing

Scholes

Osman

Lampard ©

Robben

Henry

Johnson

I'm sitting down here in the middle of the pack at 20th but as someone else once said...the EPL is a marathon. 14 more weeks to play.

Let's see if I can at least break into the top 10.

Shilo

jbje said:

Effin good pick on Campbell, Frog Patrol!

Thanks jbje. Of late, good picks have been few and far between for me. Good luck to you.

On a related note, "the pack" is closing in on CBK and me - and closing in for the kill, it seems! Ugh - even people learning the game are scoring better than the frogs these days. Welcome to the league, newbie of 70 plus points.

The Limbo charge. Is it coming?

froggo

And Van der Sar saved 2 penalties, scored an impressive 15 points and kept Froggo in the lead :cussing:

CP's Kiarly had an assist in this round, thats rare for keepers..

Everton's underrated Martyn was back in goal, they got their first clean sheet for a long time. His return might steady their ship. IMO a very important player for them.

Cheers!

Archived