Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

What about the clubs that aren't playing and are in the FA cup? If I'm not mistaken, not all the PL sides are in league games this weekend? Or am I mistaken? If they are not, what happens to the players one has on those clubs? Do their games when it is played get factored in? ::

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, it doesn't get "factored in". You have to watch things week by week.

Quick question: How the hell did Robert Green get a bonus for yesterday's performance? He let in one goal from a midget heading in from an impossibly acute angle at his near post and another by letting the ball squirm through his grip after falling like a fat bastard upon the same midget's not unstoppable shot. :dunno:

(In other words he helped Dickov, a played owned by one of two of my near rivals, get a ton of points! :cussing:)

Belem said:

I guess now I'll ride him out for the rest of the season.

:o :o :o

I got caught out with those bloody cup replays. So was forced into a decision after I had swapped Gudjohnssen for Rooney. Extra transfer for 4 points or risk a low score. Shouldnt have bothered changing the team.

Gudjohnssen was in the team and scored and rooney was booked so that was 1 point less. the transfer cost me 4 points and papa booboo bear biouf or whatever his name is from fulham only got 1 point.

51 points pending the last game in this game week on the 22nd !!!!!

Just need to keep an eye out over the next few weeks for funny double fixtures and the bloody cup again.

• 2 weeks later...

Some distancing between clubs now, with a clearer picture emerging of who will finish where (roughly, that is).

I don't see 100 points being made up on the leaders at this point, though it of course is possible. KMan made a blistering run of it last year to pip me for 2nd. Grrrr.

Odd week last week for many of us. Despite fielding a side of about 7 or 8 players due to several injured or non-playing playees, I still managed to scrape by with a respectable score.

But CBK gained valuable points. We have been trading places for some time now, CBK. What do you think - Will a third party crack the top two?

froggo

Mr. Jecker in 3rd spot is the one most likely to challenge us, there is a gap from him to the rest of the pack. From 4-8 its very tight. If any of these stand any chance, they have to move fast.

If I was placed lower on the table, I would have gambled with extra transfers in this gameweek. And not choosing the same players as all others do (like Henry, who is doubtful anyway).

Its approaching make or break time.

Cheers!

You all know, in your heart of hearts, that I'm going to win this thing ( ::) and I've always regarded JBJ as my main rival, looking for his squad changes first. Interestingly, he didn't do his usual early transfers this week. Instead, he waited... I thought there might be a sudden Liverpool-Blackburn addition to the gameweek list too but I couldn't wait to get 3 done, expecting a rush on Chelsea players (which hasn't quite happened).

Looks like I got burned then. My information does show the addition of Pool-Burn for week 29, and I made changes accordingly (Gerrard and Emerton [despite those missing minutes] for casualtlies Diop and SWP). Also had to toss back Robinson to make the money work, so it cost me considerably and now bib blies is breathing down my neck. Without SWP and given my mistakes with Morientes and now Mido to date, I do not think I can catch Naive Norwegian nor Froggo and would be pleased to finish with a CL spot. Perhaps I should just let bib blies make my changes for me hereinafter, as he definitely seems to know what I am going to do before I actually get 'round to it! Reminds me of an old girlfriend. . .

Archived