Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

None of the big guns have gone on a real transfer splurge this week (froggo had the most with 3), which surprised me a little. We've all settled for having 7-9 players playing.

I've a horrible feeling Riise's going to be rested this weekend (which is why I didn't make him captain instead of the misfiring Johnson). He's a star but has looked absolutely knackered for the last month. Had my hand over the transfer button with Garcia and Gerrard too but didn't press it for a few reasons:

1. Don't know how fit Gerrard's going to be. Rafa tends to play around with his team. And with two players coming back from injury - Alonso and Cisse - he has more options anyway.

2. Don't know how much of a part Garcia'll play. Plus he's a European star but not so great in the Premiership. (Same goes for the whole Liverpool team!)

3. I had other plans and needed the money which only a Terry sale could provide...

So, go on Liverpool clean sheet! Pretend you're playing Juventus or something!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bollocks. No clean sheet. All those hours of poring through statistics and deciding that Spurs were less likely to score away against Liverpool than Pompey were away to Birmingham were wasted... and Carragher alternative, Upson, gets his usual bonus.

Riise was rested - you just can't trust Rafa not to tinker.

On the positive side, not many around me did particularly well while my alternative captain, Johnson, did the business and so I've moved into third.

Froggo stengthens his grip on the title with not long left...

bibblies said:

Froggo stengthens his grip on the title with not long left...

:)

Not long left, and the battle is now getting very tense. Just like last year with Racha, KMan, and the Nana Plaza Frogs fighting it out at bonus time during the last week's final hour, I suspect this year will be much the same.

I too was a bit surprised by the conservatism of last week's transfers. Maybe given that much of the top half of the Premiership was not playing, many of our fantasy managers may be lurking for a future kill?

I see ajarn.com is stonger at the top than nana this year, at least so far. No that is a BIG switch from past years.

Chocco Steve - you may have hurt yourself in the $$$$ league by risking no transfers.

froggo

bibblies said:

I'm watching the FA Cup semi-final and wondering why Ronaldo and Scholes haven't been turning on this sort of performance for me in the league... Goals and assists galore.. :cussing:

And Shergar finally remembers where the goal is ..

As for the FF, least said the better ..

Cheers

K.

bibblies said:

I'm watching the FA Cup semi-final and wondering why Ronaldo and Scholes haven't been turning on this sort of performance for me in the league... Goals and assists galore.. :cussing:

Cup

Scholes + Ronaldo = mega points

Man U thrash Everton easily

League

Scholes + Ronaldo = 0 points

Man U lose to Everton just when Liverpool need them to win.

Fucking predictable. I should have got Gera and Pedersen early instead... :cussing:

With froggo having another good week and time running out, drastic action needs to be taken. Now I'll see if that extra money in the transfer kitty pays off...

Hope Mourinho doesn't do his usual resting Carvalho nonsense this weekend. I could do with him resting Froggo's Gallas for a change. (What the hell does Mourinho see in Huth though? He's the worst footballer they have in their squad by far - he alone gave Bayern Munich when they played him!)

Btw, how does Robbie Savage not get sent off more often? All the fuss on Saturday was about Todd but Savage's attempted leg break challenge on a 17-year old and subsequent distasteful barracking of him as he lay writhing on the ground was worse. Again tonight, he got away when he should have been sent off and banned. Picks on another teenager - big brave boy that he is.

I can't remember the end of last season in detail but I've got a feeling I'm making the same mistakes. Again, I've been building a big money advantage (over everyone but JBJ) with the intention of using it in the last few weeks of the season as I can afford all the best players. The big flaw is, as the season winds down, the main prizes are already pretty much decided and the best teams relax (or save themselves for the cups) while players from relegation candidates (Gera, Ashton and co) start to perform instead. And so there's no advantage for me because all of these players are so cheap that everyone can afford them.

I'd been gearing up towards week 37 with a mega, mega team in mind that only I'd be able to afford but half of them probably wouldn't play both games anyway or, if they did, wouldn't pull their fingers out.

Well, I managed to fuck them up slightly this week by picking an Everton defender otherwise they'd have kept a clean sheet.

I also fucked up West Brom by bringing in Gera and blessed Downing by not picking him (decided on recent form - he hadn't done anything for about 10 weeks and, of course, today he starts scoring again). Kiraly manages to keep his first clean sheet in about 5 weeks as soon as I drop him and Liverpool manage to fuck up another good chance that an Everton slip gives them. Not a good week... :(

Archived