Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like every player I pick gets injured:

Johnson could not take part in Tuesday's opening training session because of a foot injury and will not take part in Wednesday's session either. He will be reassessed by the England medical staff to determine whether he can join in with the rest of the squad on Thursday.

Dyer, meanwhile, also has a foot injury, however it is understood not to be serious and he is expected to train with the rest of Sven-Goran Eriksson's players on Wednesday.

Damn! It happened to me this week!

The thing I've laughed heartily about when I've seen it happen to other people finally happened to me. I logged in, a happy Liverpool fan, expecting to see Riise's first clean sheet in months, when I noticed he'd been brought off at 59 minutes. (The minimum number of minutes a player has to be on the pitch to be eligible for the full 6 points is 60 minutes. So he got 1... :banghead:)

I was relieved to see this balanced somewhat by Mellberg and Joe Cole going off at half-time in their respective games (although I've no sympathy for the people who thought Heinze would be playing after arriving back from South America on Friday evening). But why have Chelsea stopped keeping clean sheets just as I buy two of their expensive defenders (one of whom doesn't even play, presumably rested for the Champions League)?

It's getting to the "difficult to predict who's going to get picked/perform" part of the season again. With the Premiership already effectively decided, will Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU slack off? With half-an-eye on other competitions, will their managers start to rotate players? Is it better to go for players among the relegation candidates?

Jbje - you surely made another mistake this week. No transfers at all? Didn't you look ahead to Gameweek 33, where hardly anyone's playing? Hardly anyone's going to get away with fewer than 5 or 6 transfers in 2 weeks so to not take advantage of any free transfers this week was 4 points surely lost.

Yep, I have dropped Gallas and am going with defenders Terry and Riise the rest of the way and will play five midfielders. Currently in eighth place, but moving up to the top will be tough because we all have roughly the same players-Henry, Lampard, Terry, Johnson, etc. :shakehead

bibblies said:

Jbje - you surely made another mistake this week. No transfers at all? Didn't you look ahead to Gameweek 33, where hardly anyone's playing? Hardly anyone's going to get away with fewer than 5 or 6 transfers in 2 weeks so to not take advantage of any free transfers this week was 4 points surely lost.

I think Jbje is absent - he didn't change his team in the CL game either.

I was one of the fools with Heinze in the lineup, I even transferred him in. Along with Dyer, and then I found out about gameweek 33. Its hard to keep track of what happens.

Cheers!

Yeah, the real world intervened again, drat.

I don't have any time this week either to figure out what to do about Melberg of AV and Johnson (he has only scored 1 of his 18 goals against the seven teams remaining on Palace's fixture schedule).

Well as the newbie in this league, I for one am looking forward to week 33. So far this season has been a real learning experience to say the least. But all in all, I think that I have had a good showing...

If I'm reading the stats correctly I think there are 463K players on the site and I am beating all for 35K of them with 7 games yet to play. And I think that I can make a serious move up the ranks this coming week. While most teams look like they'll have a problem fielding more then 2-5 players, I was able to make a few moves that looks like I may have up to 9 guys on the field.

My goal in our league is to claw my way into the top 10 by the end of the season. Currently sitting in 16th, and with 7 games to go I think my chances of a top 10 finish rank right up there with Everton's chances of beating off a late season charge by Liverpool for the 4th spot in the Champions League....

Slim at best

Shilo

Archived