Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I lose Robben then SWP.:banghead:I ended up replacing them with Scholes and Solano. I also lost a lot of profit in the process. Duff obviously is not as effective without Robben, so I used Gallas as my third Chelsea player to go with Terry and Lampard. Any of the three Chelsea defenders, Terry, Gallas, and Ferriera are a sure six points each game. Without Robben, Chelsea are back to the plodding 1-0 games.

Not so sure about the Chelsea 1-0 reasoning. Lately they have been letting in goals - not only vs. Norwich. Also vs. Newcastle, Barcelona and L'pool.

Anyway, I went for Duff instead of a defender as Norwich means goals both ends. Could have done a better choice if I picked Carvalho.

Lets see vs West Brom.

Cheers!

Belem said:

Any of the three Chelsea defenders, Terry, Gallas, and Ferriera are a sure six points each game.

If they play, that is.

Gallas last game week = 0.

and, btw, Cech = 2.

CBK seems ready for another good week. Soon, I guess I will have to switch into transfer/chase mode, which is always fun, though risky.

I'm surprised so many people went for Gallas when: i) he's obviously been carrying an injury in recent weeks; ii) Carvalho is cheaper. (Now where's the smug icon for having picked the latter? ::)

I was even more surprised that jbje made Cech his captain. In fact, the more I think about it, the more shocking it is. Firstly, Lampard gets more points per game. So do Duff and Terry. All score (or did) 6 points per game or more. Secondly, there's little upside for a goalkeeper: over 6 points, only saves and, especially, penalty saves get the extra points. Thirdly, Cech rarely makes more than a couple of saves each game (he doesn't have to!). Lastly, he rarely gets a bonus...

So, talk us through that one, jbje! :dunno:

On the eve of important CL matches for many top-scoring EPL players, I was looking for a safe haven for my choice of captain, and I wanted a captain with two matches in this game week 29. My feeling was that José Mourinho could bench any of his field players for the NC and WBA ties because of the necessity of knocking off Barca in the CL today, but probably José simply would not rest Cech in either of the EPL matches. Cech averaged 5.44 points per game through the end of week 27, so I thought if he played to form he would be worth 2 x 5.44 x 2 matches = nearly 21 points. I too thought it would be surprising to make Cech the captain. Of course, all of this silly nonsense from the punter who posted last year that it was unwise not to have Henry as one's captain ALL THE TIME! At least I didn't bench Henry!

As for Emerton, I simply could not get info.

And Mido gets injured, Carvalho and Riise are needlessly rested and that's my well-planned advantage completely fucked...:banghead:

Real managers are like referees to us fantasy managers - careless bastards whose stupid decisions you can't do anything about but can completely wipe out all your careful plans...

I?ve been away from home the last 3 days or so and am just catching up with this board etc. Logged into the fantasy league and apart from seeing that my team is still sliding downwards I?ve noticed that Chocolat Steve has managed 100 points. That is without any additions from tonight?s games. So can I say a big congratulations to Chocolat Steve.

Is this the first time one of our players have reached the century?

Regards

Peckieboy

This gameweek's really plunged me into gloom. The resting of Riise, Carvalho, Ronaldo and Scholes lost me a certain 16 points (in clean sheets, at least), the injury to Mido a couple more and two dumb strikers (Baros and Kanoute) miss a host of good chances set up by Reid and Riise. Meanwhile, crappy old Charlton pull results out of the bag and their players end up being the stars. :dunno:

Archived