Art galleries in BKK-Recommendations?

kamui

Hi,

I will be in Bkk from Aug. 4-8 and would like to visit some galleries, museums, exhibitions with/on Thai contemporary art.

Do you have recommendations which exhibitions and places are worth a visit?

Thanks in advance

Kamui

There are a quite a few that can be found on this very helpful site.

Not listed there would be the Sculpture Gallery at Slipakorn Uni. If you are going to the Slipa Bhirasri Memorial Hall, then a stop here would be prudent as they are close to each other.

Bangkok, Chula and Slipakorn Unis also have art galleries. Then there is the Siam Society, the Rama 9 Art Museum Fondation, the Thailand Cultural Centre (has it's own MRTA stop) and displays at the FCCT and the Neilson Hays Library's Rotunda Gallery .

We have bought some stuff from the Chinese Painting/Calligraphy Gallery on Sukhumvit between the Park and the entrance to Washington Sq. They display and sell works in conjunction with the Tang Gallery at Silom Galleria. And also at the AKKO Collector's House on Sukhumvit between sois 49 & 51 (lot's of links to current shows on this site).

:: Damn, another post with nothing to do with booze, bars & broads. I fear I am losing my reputation here! :nono:

Cheers,

SD

bangkok Art gallery - Soi 20 Sukhumvit is very good, ask to go up to the first floor, tell them "Alex" suggested you see it.

Other than that the other galleries are a bit hit and miss. The one in Silom Centre is pretty good, basement.

Also one in soi parraell to Wireless road is good - purpose built abour 10 years ago.

Archived