Mozilla v Opera

thai3

Lots of browsers around today and these two are popular, but why should I want to use mozilla rather than opera? From what I understand moxilla does not as yet have built in mail or newsreader and it has had some security problems. Added to this I see KS could not find where his bookmarks were stored. It's not really any faster than Opera, so why is it better?-peter

well different strokes for different folks & Opera really just seems to be too different & I've had severe problems trying to find my way around around all their bells & whistles places all over the screen, but you gotta give it too them with the WML enabled browsing as well as ability to be 'detected' as any browser you may choose in the options page ;)

mozilla's firefox is serious competition though & I just love the idea of the 'extensions' even it's kinda fun one need to install the bookmark sorter seperately as well as the ftp/http bookmark synchronizer ;)

Agree with that. I also would like to add that I do think that Mozilla does have web browsing, email, HTML editing and IRC chat built-in & possibly some more....

Personally, I just want a browser (I already all of the rest in other programs) so I stick with Firefox

I tried Opera a couple of years ago. It was too confusing for me, and I've never been tempted to try it again.

Hi,

it's been a long time since I tried Opera and I am using it since. I have never used Mozilla, Thunderbird or Firefox as I am happy with Opera and too lazy to try the other possibilities. Yes, Opera is free but puts ads on the screen. Can get rid of this with 34 Euros or the right serial.

I don't use Operas mail, but I love the built-in download manager and the 'wand' (remembers passwords). Long ago there have been some incompatibilities and I had to use IE for the odd page. This is solved now for 99,5% of the sites I visit (the other 0,5% is microsoft update...).

If IE or opera, make sure you get the newes Java from Sun (free download Sun Java )

Hi,

"I also would like to add that I do think that Mozilla does have web browsing, email, HTML editing and IRC chat built-in & possibly some more...."

Correct, it does, although I am not using these features.

I tried Opera a few years back as well, didn't like it. Very happy with Mozilla now.

Sanuk!

I've been using Mozilla since it first came out and the current version is excellent, especially compared to IE.

Just to confirm that Firefox is Browser only and Mozilla is browser, e-mail, etc etc etc all in one package.

Use Mozilla and you'll never want to go back to IE.

Archived