Japanese man nabbed for trafficking Thai women

think_too_mut

Japanese man nabbed at Bangkok airport for human trafficking

Saturday, August 7, 2004 at 07:33 JST

BANGKOK ? Thai police arrested a Japanese man Thursday night upon his arrival at Bangkok's international airport from Tokyo and charged him with human trafficking, a police source said Friday. Yoshiyuki Misawa, 32, allegedly trafficked Thai women to Japan for the sexual trade, the Crime Suppression Bureau source said.

A 22-year-old Thai woman filed a grievance against Misawa, saying he sent her to a karaoke bar in Nagoya where she was forced to have sex with customers. The woman told police that she was locked up at the karaoke bar and also tortured there, but managed to escape and sought shelter at the Thai Embassy in Tokyo. (Kyodo News)

[color:"red"] A 22-year-old Thai woman filed a grievance against Misawa, saying he sent her to a karaoke bar in Nagoya where she was forced to have sex with customers. The woman told police that she was locked up at the karaoke bar and also tortured there, but managed to escape and sought shelter at the Thai Embassy in Tokyo. (Kyodo News) [/color]

Very good that she filed. I hope it is proven that it is a fact.

Jasmine

You would think by now the girls would have heard enough of these tails and would be a bit smarter...or the government should have certain places registered as o.k. to work etc, similar to the program the Phillipines has for overseas workers...and "mail order" brides.

Hi,

"You would think by now the girls would have heard enough of these tails and would be a bit smarter..."

The problem is that many people are just too naive and there will always be those who cannot resist the chance at good money.

BTW, scum like this should be shot!

Sanuk!

A big problem is the reluctance by those who have gone abroad to tell the tale how it is. Too many portray it as the easy way to success, its fear to lose face and admit that the choice was a failure.

For those who have gotten something out of it, they do not tell the dark sides. All tourists seem so rich also, right? They simply can not comprehend that we take public transport in our home countries, and don't eat at expensive resturants every day or have maids at home.

Though I never pretended my life in Norway was anything else than it is, my ex got a shock coming here. I learned my lesson, have been careful and prentended to my wife that life in Norway is worse than it actually is.

People surely do not tell the dark side of things.

As for people becoming aware of things -- who has 7 baht for a newspaper when wages are only 165 baht for the whole day?

This was also done in San Francico. The girls were taken to Japan for the same reason and then removed to similar confinement. The Japanese pimp was caught in San Francisco and spilled the beans allowing for extensive raids in Japan and a very long prison term in California with a charge waiting in Japan. Request for Extradition, denied!

"People surely do not tell the dark side of things.

As for people becoming aware of things -- who has 7 baht for a newspaper when wages are only 165 baht for the whole day"

That newspaper costs 50 baht in Norway..

My point was that life as a tourist in Thailand is quite different from what we live at home. The average Thais do not see this.

Cheers!

Archived