Carrying Thai currency into LOS

mongatu

I checked further and the info (which btw was printed on the back of the visa application form sent to me by the Royal Thai Consulate General) on currency importation limitations is indeed incorrect or out of date. Apparently there is no limit on the amount of Thai or Foreign currency that can be brought in. Makes sense since they want us to spend money there.

Changed over 120,000 foreign money into baht at the airport and had no problems...except for the 'knowing' look of 'you are going to have a fun holiday' that the young clerk gave me when handing me the big wad of baht.

Hi,

the only limit I know of is the one EU and USA pressed Thailand to impose - more than 10 000 USD in any currency must be declared.

Baht is available in all banks and bigger foreign exchange places all over the world.

elef

sanuk4u said:

Changed over 120,000 foreign money into baht at the airport and had no problems...except for the 'knowing' look of 'you are going to have a fun holiday' that the young clerk gave me when handing me the big wad of baht.

Naw. She was prolly thinking "Bastard! That is a year's salary for me!"

Cheers,

SD

Archived