Gulliver's meeting questions

stonepony

I have read about the Friday Gulliver's meetings for some time now. Would like to meet up with some fellow board members, but I am confused about many of the details. :dunno:

1. Been to Gulliver's many times and have seen the place packed often. How will I be able to find you guys. Will you all be wearing name tags? :D :D

2. On average how many people usually show up?

3. What do you guys usually do when you meet up. pool, darts, dinner, gogo's, drowned your sorrows in you beers, all the above?

Look forward to meeting many of you :beer:, My next trip isn't until the middle of November so it will be awhile but please guys no "WELCOME STONEPONY" banners. :: ::

stonepony said: 1. Been to Gulliver's many times and have seen the place packed often. How will I be able to find you guys. Will you all be wearing name tags? :D :D
No name tags. Get to Gullible's by 7PM latest as the crowd generally moves on by 8PM. Go in the front door -- any of them. Turn left. Walk straight, going into the restaraunt side. Look left. See the windows? Good. See that there is a little fenced-off raised seating area? Good. We are in there. It is fenced off so that we do not accidently mix with the normal customers :D:neener:

stonepony said: 2. On average how many people usually show up?
Depends. Sometimes 4-6, sometimes 15-20.

stonepony said: 3. What do you guys usually do when you meet up. pool, darts, dinner, gogo's, drowned your sorrows in you beers, all the above?
After the usual BS session, there are little groups who do go off and do different things. Pick one. My little group usually goes out to eat (the Egyptian joint in the Gaza Strip area a short walk away is our usual haunt). Then we generally go somewhere and have a cleansing ale or 37. The establishment we choose may be anywhere in the city. But it usually has a score or more of friendly local ladies who enjoy our antics. Or they are at least willing to put up with our shit because they love our baht. Who cares which is true? Sometimes the aforementioned ladies are even scantily clad or nekkid. Sometimes they are in evening dresses. But they are everpresent.

Clear enough? Any questions?

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

"1. Been to Gulliver's many times and have seen the place packed often. How will I be able to find you guys. Will you all be wearing name tags?"

Name tags?? No, not bloody likely :)

We are always at the same table though. Walk into the restaurant area and look towards the window, we are right there on the raised platform.

"2. On average how many people usually show up?"

Varies greatly. I've been there with only 1 or 2 others, and there have been times that there were 30+.

"3. What do you guys usually do when you meet up. pool, darts, dinner, gogo's, drowned your sorrows in you beers, all the above?"

Eat, drink, talk.

Sanuk!

I've still got my name badge from the Christmas AGM. I might wear it again. Maybe not though eh?

Like the man sez - turn left. Window facing the front. I've been trying to get up there for the last 3 weeks mind...

I have deduced that the stagecoaches from here can cover the distance in half the time of a moped, Watson.

Guest lazyphil

<<I've still got my name badge>>

Yes I know you have a name badge, how was the trip to the Zoo, did you stop for Cream Teas on the way, or did you hold the Variety Club bus back losing your shoe?

stonepony said:

Thanks all for the info, maybe it would be a good idea to put some of this info in the "Fridays Gulliver Meet" post before it gets lost in the shuffle. At least where in the bar you are all hanging out at. See ya in November.

Maybe the "Sticky" on the "Meetings" forum could say more than "Weekly board meeting 6:30 pm in Gullivers Sukhumvit soi 5!"

Archived